Partner rewards in South Africa
Reduce your operating expenses in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth or Durban with the Partner Rewards program. This rewards program was built to support the women and men who choose to drive using the Uber App.
Discounts and deals
- Tiger Wheel & Tyre
All Uber driver-partners and their families receive the following:
- Preferential discounts on all products
- All service related products i.e. wheel balancing, wheel alignment etc. discounted at 30%
- An over and above discounted benefit of 2.5%
- Free nitrogen
Note: This does not include Fleet Cards, managed by a Fleet Company or any other loyalty programmes
How it works
- The driver-partners must identify themselves with the Uber app showing they have an active driver profile with Uber
- Family members can make use of the benefit but must be accompanied by the Uber driver-partner
- Sam Service Center (Johannesburg only)
Special discounts include:
- Oil change including filter R550.00 (ex. VAT)
- Front brake pads (Messi EURO spec) fitted R750.00 (ex VAT)
- Sam Car Wash (Johannesburg only)
Sam Car Wash is located at the Greenlight Hub in Kramerville, Johannesburg. Wash your car while you wait with the below discounts and deals available for driver partners:
- UberX & Black wash and vacuum - R60.0
- UberX & Black outside wash only - R50.00
- UberX & Black vacuum only - R20.00
- UberVan wash and vacuum R80.00
- UberVan outside wash only R60.00
- UberVan vacuum only R30.00
Benefits of washing your car with Sam Car Wash:
- 100% environmentally friendly
- 100% natural and soluble cleaning agents
- All-in-one vehicle wash, wax, protection and polish faster than a traditional wash. Including rims and tyres
- Each car wash saves 200 litres of water
- Only natural wax from the Carnauba Palm. This incredible eco-friendly product ensures a shiny finish which doesn’t damage the vehicle’s paint
- UV paintwork protection without discolouration. Our wax isn’t sensitive to temperatures like other wax which becomes sticky, attracting dust and insects
Plus, every 11th car wash with Sam Car Wash is free
Uber has partnered with Loom to bring you quick and easy cover for your cellphone device. Loom provides you with affordable solutions and the flexibility to choose your preferred level of cover with one of the following plans.
- Theft Only
- Accidental Damage Only
- Theft and Accidental Damage
Visit Loom.co.za to get your quote and find your deal or email them at email@example.com.
Loom is a product of Compass Insurance Company Limited, a registered Short-Term Insurance Company and Financial Services Provider, FSP number 12148
Click2Sure offers comprehensive insurance for your mobile device. Select from one of the below plans:
- Basic Plan - Accidental Damage Only
- Platinum Plan - Accidental Damage, Theft and Loss
Your device must be in good working condition and must not have any existing damage to be eligible for the benefit. The free benefit only covers damage claims to a maximum of R500. Find out more about this benefit here.
If you have any further questions about Click2Sure or about the plans, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 202 9590.
Click2Sure Intermediaries is an authorised FSP (No. 46838). Policies are underwritten by Guardrisk Insurance, a registered insurer and authorised FSP (No. 75).
As an Uber Driver-Partner, you have access to Indwe Brokers for all of your vehicle insurance needs.
To ensure that you meet all applicable insurance requirements, kindly contact email@example.com or call 011 831 8000 with your insurance-related enquiries and an Indwe qualified insurance advisor will assist you from A – Z.
We will obtain cost-effective, value-added quotes for you through a personal broker including:
- Comprehensive Motor Insurance (with the option to include credit shortfall, cover for difference for outstanding loan amount (balloon payments) and credit insurance);
- Third Party Motor Insurance;
- Fleet Owners Legal Cost Cover;
- RESQ1 Emergency Protection Service; and
- Extended Warranty, Service Plan, Scratch & Dent and Tyre & Rim Cover.
We have partnered with British Petroleum (BP). Swipe your Pick n Pay smart shopper card at any BP Service Station and earn points to save. To get one of these cards for free OR if you already have one and want this reward activated to start earning points visit your nearest Green Light Hub.
*This is only for Active Uber Driver-Partners
Driver-partners can get:
- PnP smart shopper card with 5,000 smart shopper points worth R50.00 upon registration
- Earn 60.00cents worth of smart shopper reward points for every litre of fuel purchased at BP branded Forecourts
- Selected meal discounts up to 40% at wild bean cafes at BP pr PnP express stores
- You can also earn points when you purchase groceries at PnP stores nationwide
- How do you get a smart shopper card?
It’s simple! Visit your nearest Pick n Pay store with your ID document, ask any cashier to help sign you up for a smart shopper car. Once you have a card register it on Pick n Pay's website and then fill your details in at t.uber.com/BPSCC
- What if you already have a smart shopper card?
If you already have a smart shopper card, fill in your details at t.uber.com/BPSCC. Your rewards will be active within 48Hours.
- What can you use your points on?
Every time you earn points you can go to any PnP store and convert these points into a voucher that can be used to purchase groceries at PnP express stores or supermarkets. You can also use these points for fuel at any BP forecourt.
- What can you do to earn points?
You need to Swipe your smart shopper card anytime you:
- Buy Fuel at any BP forecourt.
- Shop for groceries at PnP supermarkets.
- How to redeem your points?
To redeem your points, Visit your nearest PnP store:
- There will be a self-help kiosk where you need to input your ID number.
- The system will find your account and convert your points into rands.
- You will receive a slip that you can give the cashier to either pay/put towards your bill.
- How to redeem your discounts?
You need to show that you are an active Driver-partner at Wild bean cafe or PnP express stores
- Click on the image in the top right corner of your driver app to access the menu
- Click on your image in the menu to access your profile details and full image
- You can view your profile details
- Show this to the cashier and you will receive your discount
- How to save fuel?
Since fuel is one of your biggest weekly expenses, we wanted to share these top 10 tips from the Automobile Association South Africa (AASA) on how to reduce the amount of petrol you use and ultimately increase your profits on Uber.
1. Check your tyre pressure
Under-inflated tyres are not only dangerous, they increase the rolling resistance between the vehicle’s tyres and the road. To overcome the extra drag, the engine will have to work harder and therefore consume more fuel.
- Under-inflated tyres increase rolling resistance between your vehicle and the road.
- Inflated tyres decrease rolling resistance between your vehicle and the road.
- Correctly inflated tyres result in an increase in their useful life of approximately 3%.
2. Service your car regularly
A badly maintained vehicle is unlikely to perform as it is designed to. Problems such as partially blocked filters, poor oil performance and emissions control systems defects may occur. These and other factors will prevent your engine from functioning as well as the manufacturer intended it to, which can result in increased fuel consumption.
3. Reduce your drag
Any external fixings such as roof boxes, their rails and bike racks should be removed when not in use. They change airflow over the vehicle and increase the aerodynamic draft. Opening sunroofs and windows will also increase air drag over the car. This means a great force is needed to drive the vehicle through the air, requiring extra power from your engine, and increasing fuel consumption and emissions.
4. Use high quality fuels
Using high quality fuels, will allow the vehicle to run more efficiently, enabling improved combustion quality thus reducing fuel consumption and lowering emissions. For petrol vehicles, the fuel economy benefit of unleaded can be from 25km more per tank compared to higher octane fuels.
5. Turn off you Air-con
The air-conditioning unit contains a compressor pump driven by your engine. When air-conditioning is used the compressor uses power from your engine, increasing the work it has to do. This requires more fuel and produces increased fuel emissions.
6. Lighten your load
Carrying unnecessary weight in the boot cabin of the vehicle will make the engine work harder when accelerating – this particularly affects stop/start driving. Simply removing this load will reduce fuel consumption and emissions. Keep this in mind before you choose to overload your vehicle with riders.
7. Avoid stop-start driving
The engine has to work hard when accelerating and every time the brakes are used this energy is lost as heat. By observing and predicting road and traffic conditions ahead, the effects of stop/start driving can be reduced. Simply lifting off the accelerator earlier and gently slowing down will improve fuel economy and make riders much happier.
8. Avoid excessive idling
Unnecessary idling will consume fuel and produce emissions even while stationary. During idling periods of several minutes or more, where it is safe to do so, switching off your engine will stop fuel consumption and emissions completely. Consider this when you’re spending a few minutes waiting for your rider.
9. Ease off the accelerator
Accelerating hard and using high engine speeds will make the engine consume more fuel. This is because, under high loads and speeds, the engine is not operating very efficiently. Accelerating more steadily to the desired speed will reduce fuel consumption and emissions. Using the engine in its most efficient range can reduce consumption and emissions:
- For petrol, changing gear at 2500rpm is recommended
- For diesel, changing gear at 2000rpm is recommended
10. Change down a gear
When driving on a steep hill, do not labour the engine at low engine speeds. It is better to use a lower gear and keep the engine speed higher.
Take care of your health and your business
As an active driver-partner using the Uber App, you and your family can now choose to join Driver Care, an exclusive and affordable healthcare programme offered by Discovery.
SiyaQuber joins the Partner Rewards program to help facilitate business growth for driver-partners that fall under the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act 53 of 2003. As a BBBEE driver-partner, SiyaqUber will help you get BBBEE certification at no cost to you.
Get more from Uber
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.