Uber is a great way to be your own boss and make money. Most people are eligible to drive with Uber, even if you don't have a car. Here’s what you need to know if you’re driving anywhere in South Africa.
1. Sign up online
Got an email address and a smartphone? Great, now tell us a bit more about yourself and we'll get you started.
2. Complete your Safety Screening
Screenings can be done at most Post Net OR Jetline Stores or registered Huru/MIE capture partner.
Driver Evaluations* are required in the following cities (bookings are required):
*Safety screenings can also be completed at the evaluation centre.
3. Upload your documents
Time for some paperwork. There are some of the documents we need to see:
- A valid South African Professional driving permit (PrDP)
- You have to be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Provide a driver profile photo
- Safety Screening Certificate
- Driving Evaluation Certificate (ONLY required in CPT, JHB and DBN)
5. Activate your account
If you've completed all the above steps, congratulations! You're ready to activate your account and start making money.
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.