Uploading your documents
To drive using the Driver app in South Africa, you are required to upload certain documents to get your account set up. Refer to the information below when uploading each document.
- SA Professional Driving license
- Proof of identification. You must be at least 21 years old.
- Screening check
- Driving evaluation
- Profile photo
- Operating Card (Double Disk)
- Vehicle certificate of registration
- Vehicle inspection certificate
- Vehicle insurance cover
Make sure all required details are clearly visible
Ensure your document contains all required details before uploading. The entire document should be clearly visible.
Upload your driver's licence first
This will speed up the approval process when we need to cross-check your licence with other documents.
Upload one image or PDF at a time
You can go here to get more information about uploading your documents through the Driver app.
Original documents only
We do not accept photocopied documents, so please make sure you only upload original documents.
Driver documents specifications
Scroll left and right to see what’s needed for each of the required documents.
SA Professional Driving license
Upload a clear copy of your PrDP. You can either take a picture of your Card PrDP or your temporary PrDP with your normal driving license.
In order to stay on the road, we need your most up to date South African License with PrDP. You'll receive notifications when it's about to expire. You can update your PrDP through partners.uber.com or through the app.
*If you are uploading your temporary PrDP: add your original driver’s license to your temporary driver’s license in order to be approved. To do this, take a picture of both on top of each other
A clear screening check document should be uploaded to your account. The document should state that the driver-partner is clear from any criminal record.
All driver-partners must have an approved profile picture on their partner account. The profile photo must meet the following requirements:
- No hats or sunglasses (regular glasses and religious garments are accepted)
- Cannot use driver's license photo
- Full face and top of shoulders
- Good lighting
- Not blurry
- Only one person in the picture
- Face is centered in the frame
Vehicle documents specifications
Scroll left and right to see what’s needed for each of the vehicle required documents.
Operating Card (Double Disk)
How to obtain this document:
- Visit your nearest roadworthy centre or DEKRA
- They will give you an extra form that you submit at the licensing department
- This document is obtainable at any Licensing Department and takes between 1-3 days to receive
- This document indicates that it is a commercial vehicle used to transport people
- If you do your roadworthy at DEKRA, they will waive the cost of the inspection.
Looking for your nearest DEKRA test centre? Click here
PRO TIP: The Operator Card will always expire at the end of the month – make sure to key in the correct expiration date.
Vehicle certificate of registration
How to obtain this document
- This document is obtained when you purchase and register the vehicle in your name.
- If this is a financed vehicle, the bank may hold the original document (Ask for a copy from the bank)
Tips to load this document
- The year of first registration as well as the license plate of the vehicle should be visible
- The vehicle needs to be registered in your applicable province. Any documents provided by other provinces can not be accepted
Vehicle inspection certificate
How to obtain this document
- Vehicle inspections are performed by your nearest DEKRA test centre
- The Inspection report must be uploaded within 1 Month of completing your inspection.
- If your vehicle is newer than 6 months, a vehicle inspection report is not needed. You can upload your vehicle certificate of registration instead.
Find your nearest DEKRA test centre HERE
Tips to upload this document
- Make sure your vehicle has passed the inspection. Vehicles who has failed the inspection will not be accepted on the Uber platform
- No written reports will be accepted
Vehicle insurance cover
Tips to load your document:
- Ensure the policy clearly states the vehicle is insured for business/commercial use and the policy number is clear/readable, and states insurance provider name.