Does your vehicle qualify to drive with Uber? Most four-door cars do, but requirements vary by vehicle option.
- In excellent working condition
- No older than the maximum age for the Uber vehicle option chosen
- A qualified vehicle according to specific product requirements
- Registered and insured in New Zealand
- Free from cosmetic damage and commercial branding Other minimum rules apply to specific vehicle options.
All vehicles driving with Uber must be covered by at least third party property damage car insurance. To drive with UberX, you also need to be listed on the car’s insurance policy, even if you are not its owner or the main policyholder.
Most newer cars qualify to drive with UberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders ‑ an everyday ride at an affordable price.
- Are ANCAP 5-Star rated, or fall under our vehicle exemption policy
- Are in excellent working condition, with no cosmetic damage
- Are registered and CTP‑insured in your State.
- Are 10 years old or less
- Have 4 doors
- Seat 4‑7 passengers plus the driver
- Have working windows and air conditioning
- Are able to pass a vehicle inspection
- Are not taxis, ex‑driving school, government, branded or rebuilt vehicles
- Some rental vehicles may be eligible to drive with UberX.