How to drive with Uber in Nigeria
Uber is a great way to be your own boss and make money. Most people are eligible to drive with Uber, even if you don't have a car. Here’s what you need to know if you’re driving in Lagos or Abuja.
2. Upload your documents
Time for some paperwork. There are some of the documents we need to see:
- Valid driving license for Nigeria
- A Valid LASDRI card
- You have to be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Provide a driver profile photo:
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
You'll also be required to complete a Safety Screening and watch a short training video
4. Activate your account
If you've completed all the above steps, congratulations! You're ready to activate your account and start making money.
Get your driver's license
Your Nigerian driver's license is easy to obtain from your local driver's license centre. Before uploading your document, make sure that it is a clear copy.
In order to stay on the road, we need your most up to date drivers license. You will receive notifications as your driver's license expiration date is close. You can update your driver's license through partners.uber.com or through the driver app.
Taxpayer identification number
- What is a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)/Payer ID?
- Why do I need a TIN ID for Uber?
- How do I obtain a TIN?
- How to add your TIN number to your profile?
Get more from Uber
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.