Partner Injury Protection
Accident insurance from AXA Mansard in Nigeria
Sometimes accidents happen. So it’s good to know that from 22nd December 2018 in Lagos, Abuja and other cities in Nigeria, you are protected against medical treatment costs and lost earning opportunities.
From the launch date
Partner Injury Protection starts on 22nd December 2018.
Protected while On-Trip
You are protected from the moment you accept a trip request, through to when the trip ends.
Who is protected?
All UberX driver partners are protected, subject to conditions and limits.
What this means for you
Get help with medical treatment costs if you’re injured in an accident while on an Uber trip. If your injuries stop you from driving, you can also get help with lost earning opportunities.
Protection for medical treatment costs and lost earning opportunities
If you’re an UberX driver in Nigeria, Partner Injury Protection can help you with medical treatment expenses and other costs.
You pay nothing
As part of our global commitment to safety we have partnered with AXA Mansard to provide as many driver as possible with protection under this program. That’s why Uber is paying for this program.
Your customers are protected too
While on an Uber trip in Nigeria, your passengers are also automatically protected by the injury protection insurance.
How to claim if you’re injured
If you’re injured in an accident while On-Trip and want to get help with your medical treatment costs, please use the in-app claim form or contact AXA Mansard (see below).
- What are the key features of cover?
- What are the limits of the protection?
- What are the terms and conditions?
- Why is Uber doing this?
- What does today’s announcement mean?
- Can all Uber partners get this protection?
- I don’t want access to the protection. How do I say “no”?
- Where is Injury Protection provided?
- Does Injury Protection replace my own commercial vehicle motor insurance?
- What does “On-Trip” mean? When am I protected?
- How do I activate Partner Injury protection for myself?
- What is not covered?
- How do I claim?
Get more from Uber
This insurance is provided to you subject to the following terms:
- Uber may withdraw, update or modify this insurance at any time in its sole discretion.
- This insurance is procured by Uber at its own discretion and cost.
- Drivers Partners shall not in any way be responsible or liable for any payments or premiums relating to the insurance whatsoever.
- The Driver Partner and Uber acknowledge and agree that the Driver Partner can decide to opt-out from being covered by the Insurance at any time by indicating they are declining the protection of the cover upon notice or request. Declining cover will not affect your ability to use the Uber App.
- Driver Partners are independent contractors. This Insurance does not in any way create an employment relationship or an expectation of employment (including from a labour law, tax law or social security law perspective) between Uber and the Driver Partner.