Starting from today, you can now open the Uber app and request taxi in Seoul, the same seamless ‘tap of a button’ experience that Uber provides globally. Customers will now be able to enjoy a ‘smart’ taxi service in Seoul through the Uber app.
Using Uber’s technology, Uber Taxi is a technology-driven mobility option that involves features such as upfront fare estimates, share your ETA, real time GPS tracking, and check your part trip records.
Requesting a taxi with the Uber app is easy. Here’s how to request:
- Download the app or head to www.uber.com
- Open the Uber app
- Enter your destination under the “Where To?” section
- Select “Taxi” and click “Confirm Taxi”
- A pop-up message will appear advising the closest Taxi will be matched
- Click “Confirm” to request a ride
- Once mathed, you will be able to check the driver and vehicle details
- At the end of the trip, pay the driver directly with your choice of payment option (cash, credit card, T-money)
Uber Taxi also includes an in-app ‘emergency button’ for the safety of both the riders and drivers. If ever faced with an emergency situation, the only thing to do is to tap the button on the app, which will immediately connect to 112, automatically sending the real-time location and trip details to 112 dispatcher. Furthermore, ‘Trusted Contacts’ feature allows riders to designate up to five friends and family members as Trusted Contacts, and be prompted to share trip details including the expected time of arrival with them during every ride. Night time sharing will be an option.
In addition, Uber provides all of its mobility services with real-time facial ID check to ensure safer rides for both passengers and drivers.
Brandon Son, Uber Rides GM for Korea, said, “We are delighted to be able to utilize Uber’s technology to pair with taxi in providing convenient, safe mobility options in Korea,” adding, “Uber will continue to work with various local partners to provide Korean customers with reliable mobility options using our technology.”