Join a fleet
Get a car and start making money in Nairobi or Mombasa by driving for a fleet in your area. Joining a fleet is a quick and easy way to start driving. Other options are also available.
Pay nothing upfront
Get into a car and start making money. You won’t have to put any money down, but you will have to pay ongoing fees to the fleet owner.
No need to run a credit check. Just get a car and start making money.
Due to legal reasons, Uber cannot restrict or otherwise dictate the movement of drivers from one partner to another.
- How to make a switch?
Becoming an Independent Operator
- Click on the link http://t.uber.com/changessa
- Select “Become your own partner”
- Select the country you operate in
- Choose "Become my own partner"
- Fill in your Uber Profile's email address (please note that the email address is case-sensitive)
*Note: Change can take up to an hour, please wait for your confirmation SMS that you have now become your own partner.
- How to request the change?
There are 2 ways to submit the request to change partners. Either through the Driver app, or by using the change form t.uber.com/changessa.
How to request through the Driver app:
- Open the Uber Partner App
- Go to “Profile" (Top Right)
- Choose “Help" (Top Right)
- Choose “Account and Payment"
- Choose “Managing driver and Fleet Partners”
- Follow instructions on the page
- How to make the transition easier?
Make sure that you enter the correct information on the form. If incorrect information is submitted, the change will not occur and you will have to submit the form again.
To get the information:
- Go to your partner dashboard
- Select the menu tab (3 lines) from the upper left corner of your dashboard.
- Select “Profile” from the list of options
- You will find your email address and phone number as shown on the picture
Become a fleet owner
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice. Uber is not responsible for the products or services provided by other companies.