In this video, you’ll learn about:
- How to accept delivery requests
- How to locate the delivery order
- How to confirm you have the right order
In this video, you'll learn about:
- How to know where to meet the customer
- What to do if you need any help during dropoff
Spotlight on pickups
When you’re ready to deliver, you can go online in the Driver app. The app will surface available delivery requests near you. You can tap to accept.
The restaurant will be expecting you, but you can let the staff know you're there to pick up an order from the Uber Eats app. Delivery people have told us they match the name and the order number in the app with the order to confirm they have the right one before leaving the restaurant.
Locating your customer
If you’re unable to find the customer when delivering, you can try calling them. If they don’t answer, you can tap the banner that appears to indicate that they didn’t answer. This will send them a notification, and a timer will begin.
If they don’t contact you by the time the countdown runs out and you follow the prompts to end the delivery, you’ll still get paid and it won’t affect your cancellation rate.
A high number of canceled deliveries before the timer runs out may indicate fraudulent activity and you may lose access to your account.
Waiting at the restaurant
Restaurants sometimes take longer than usual to prepare the food. You can tap the order details and report that the order is Not ready.
Get delivery details in the app
Once you arrive at the delivery location, the app will give you details that the customer has provided, such as intercom and floor numbers that will help you locate them.
Drivers and customers are more likely to connect in areas where they have service.
Questions from delivery partners
- Any suggestions for how to transport an order?
An insulated bag can make for a better customer experience. Deliveries by bicycle may benefit from a more specialized bag to protect food from movement and weather conditions.
- Separate hot and cold items in an insulated delivery bag using the bag separators to maintain food temperatures
- Place items in an upright position so they are less likely to spill
- Secure items as well as you can in your vehicle so they don’t shift during the journey
- Clean your insulated bag routinely to ensure you are providing a safe and hygienic service on behalf of restaurants
- What if the customer changes the delivery address?
When a customer requests to change their address, you can choose to continue to the new address. You will be paid for the distance from the restaurant to the new location. Once completed, please submit a contact through the "Help" section in your app so your fare can be adjusted accordingly. We appreciate you taking the time to travel to the new address and the customer will surely appreciate this too! You can also choose not to deliver to the new address. Once you have arrived at the original address, please make sure you follow the dropoff guidelines by waiting the required number of minutes. If the guidelines are not followed, your fare may be deducted. Please then mark the order as "Unable to deliver".
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.