1. Sign up for an Uber partner account
Make sure you've signed up for an Uber partner account. You must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Understand the vehicle requirements
Your vehicle must meet the requirements to drive with Uber in Lethbridge. Check if your vehicle is qualified.
3. Share your driving abstract
Please obtain your 3-year driving abstract from any Alberta registry and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Share your documents
Take photos of the following documents and upload them to your account:
- Driver's licence: 21+ years old
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport, Residency card, or Work permit
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and name must be legible.
5. Complete a background check
Head to your downtown RCMP detachement and request to complete a Police Information Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check. Upload the results to your partner account once you receive them.
Please note: All drivers must have a clean criminal record to drive for Uber.
6. Get your Class 4 licence
All partners on the Uber platform in Lethbridge are required to carry a valid Class 1, 2, or 4 licence. Already have one? Read on.
Uber will apply a payment of $200 after you've completed your 20th trip to cover the cost of getting the Class 4 licence.
7. Get your vehicle documents
Class 1-55 Vehicle registration: Head to any Alberta registry to get your new registration and upload it to your profile. CLICK HERE for details.
Vehicle Inspection: Your vehicle must pass an inspection by a certified auto technician. Bring the form below and have him/her complete it. Once you pass the inspection, take a picture and upload it to your profile.
Get your inspection for a discounted rate of $49.99 at the Canadian Tire located at 2510 50th Avenue, Red Deer, T4R1M3. Please make sure to call ahead and book your appointment.