1. Inscrivez-vous en ligne
The first thing you need to do to become a driver is to sign up for an Uber account. It only takes a few minutes.
2. Get a 3-year driver abstract
Head to any Alberta registry and get a 3-year driver abstract. Once you receive your abstract, head over to the Calgary Greenlight Hub with your abstract to complete your background screening.
3. Get your Class 4 Driver's Licence
To drive with Uber in Calgary, you must have a valid Class 1, 2, or 4 licence. You can find more about the process of getting your licence here.
Already have a Class 1, 2, or 4 licence? You can skip this step.
4. Complete your background screening
Once you've obtained your Class 1, 2, or 4 licence, you can begin your Police Information Check. When you're creating your account, remember to share your results with Uber Canada.
There are two ways to complete your screening:
- At your local Calgary Police/RCMP Station
5. Meet the vehicle requirements
Make sure your vehicle is road-ready by getting your Class 1-55 vehicle registration and completing an E.L.V.I.S inspection.
a. Get your Class 1-55 Vehicle Registration
- Visit your nearest Service Alberta Registry to get a Class 1-55 vehicle registration.
b. Complete a E.L.V.I.S. Vehicle Inspection
- To drive with Uber in Calgary, your vehicle must pass an Enhanced Livery Vehicle Inspection Standards (E.L.V.I.S.) check by a licensed mechanic who has a copy of the E.L.V.I.S. inspection form.
6. Your Transportation Network Driver's Licence
After you've passed your safety screening, we'll begin the TNDL process with the City of Calgary. Once you receive your TNDL, don't forget to upload it to your Partner profile.
7. Pick up your Uber sticker, download the app, and go!
Once you're approved to drive with uber, download the partner app to get started.
While you are online and driving with Uber, make sure you display your Uber sticker at all times on your back window.
Visit the Greenlight Hub to pick up your Uber sticker and place it on the lower left corner of your back window.
Why you'll love driving
Choisissez votre emploi du temps
You can drive with Uber anytime, day or night, 365 days a year. When you drive is always up to you, so it never gets in the way of the important things in your life.
Gagnez plus d'argent dès votre première connexion
Trip fares start with a base amount, then increase with time and distance. And when there are more people needing rides than normal, drivers make more.
Meet new people and learn about your city
You'll meet and have conversations with people from all walks of life. From long-time residents to first-time tourists, families, small business owners and more.
You'll also become an expert on Calgary and discover new places to show your friends and family.
Video for drivers