At Uber, we’re committed to letting you move around in a simpler, more accessible and more sustainable way than ever before.
As part of this commitment to reducing congestion and carbon emissions on the road, we’re celebrating Transport Month by challenging you to share the journey! Did you know that you can reduce congestion, fuel consumption and carbon emissions simply by ditching your keys and sharing a ride with friends or family?
For the next two weeks, we’re rewarding you for sharing the ride. Simply use the in-app Split Fare or Multiple Stops feature(s) to reach the below trip goals and stand a chance to win!
What are your trip goals?
- Take 4 Split Fare rides and stand a chance to win R500 in discounted Uber rides
- Take 8 Split Fare rides and stand a chance to win R1000 in discounted Uber rides
- Take 5 Multiple Destination rides and stand a chance to win R500 in discounted Uber rides
- Take 10 Multiple Destination rides and stand a chance to win R1000 in discounted Uber rides
How does Split Fare work:
1. Request a ride.
2. Before or during the ride, swipe up from the bottom of the app.
3. Tap your selected payment method.
4. Tap ‘Split Fare’.
5. Enter the name(s) or phone numbers of the other rider(s).
6. Your fellow riders are immediately sent a notification request to accept your split fare.
How does Multiple destinations work:
1. Open the Uber app and tap “Where To?”.
2. Tap the “+” to the right of the box.
3. Tap “Add a Stop” to add your first destination.
4. Tap “Add a Stop” if you wish to add a second stop.
5. Tap “Save”. The fine print
The Fine Print:
- Split Fare: when the trip request is made with your account, you can invite other riders to split the fare. If anyone chooses to not accept or if they do not have a valid payment method linked to their Uber account, the fare will be split between the riders who accept and have a valid payment method.
- Split Fare rides can only be split before the trip(s) end.
- Split Fare is not valid on cash trips.
- Multiple destinations is limited to 3 destinations only.
So, grab your friends, share the journey and help to reduce the number of cars on the road, South Africa!