We’re thrilled to announce the revamped Uber Pro, our driver-partner loyalty program designed to help you earn more, save more, and enjoy exciting new rewards, perks, and exclusive features. This update was made possible thanks to invaluable feedback from our driver-partner community.
What is Uber Pro?
Built on four Pro status tiers; Blue, Gold, Platinum and Diamond, the Uber Pro program provides exclusive discounts, perks and experiential rewards* for driver-partners such as: fuel discounts from bp, discounts on auto needs from Supercheap Auto, priority airport rematch at selected airports and priority customer support based on your tier status.
You automatically gain access to the Blue tier when you start driving with Uber. To reach higher tiers and enjoy more rewards, you’ll need to do two things:
- Earn points: Each tier has a certain number of points that you’ll need to reach in order to get access to that tier’s rewards. You earn points by completing trips.
- Keep your rating to 4.85 or above and cancellation rate to 3% or below.
Points are accumulated over fixed three-month periods (Uber Pro Period) for example, 1 May to 31 July and so on. When you earn enough points to reach each higher tier, you’ll unlock that tier’s rewards. You’ll keep access to those rewards for the remainder of the three-month period and for the next three-month period so long as you continue to meet the rating and cancellation rate criteria. Points will then reset at the start of each new three-month period.
*Please see the “Uber Pro” section of the Driver app for more details on these rewards, and here for full terms and conditions.
Revamped Uber Pro: More Rewards and Flexibility, plus Easier Progression!
With the refreshed Uber Pro program, we’ve introduced a range of exclusive rewards. Depending on your tier status, you will enjoy new experiential benefits:
- a one-time $500 cash reward if you achieve and maintain Diamond status during any of the Uber Pro three-month periods until 30 Apr 2024
- access to Area Preferences if you achieve Platinum, which lets you limit the trip requests you receive to those that start and end in the areas you have chosen for up to two hours per day, in selected cities
- access to Status Protection if you achieve Platinum for 2 consecutive program periods so you can preserve your pro status for a future program period when you may not be able to reach the relevant point threshold for Platinum status
Recognising the importance of flexibility for driver-partners, we’ve made structural changes to the Uber Pro program. We have lowered the points criteria for Gold status across New Zealand and reduced the points required for all tiers for those living and driving in remote areas.
Rest assured, we’ve retained the beloved rewards that you should already be familiar with, such as fuel discounts from bp, discounted auto needs from Supercheap Auto, discounted mobile and broadband plans from 2degrees, free language learning with Rosetta Stone, priority airport rematch at selected airports, priority customer support, and more.
And the best part?
This is just the beginning.
Throughout the year, we will continue to listen to driver-partner feedback and explore new ways to enhance the Uber experience for our driver partners. Our goal is for the Uber platform to offer rewarding and flexible earning opportunities for driver-partners in New Zealand, so stay tuned for more updates!
CheckEnv: Fast Detection of RPC Calls Between Environments Powered by Graphs
NilAway: Practical Nil Panic Detection for Go
Selective Column Reduction for DataLake Storage Cost Efficiency
Cinnamon: Using Century Old Tech to Build a Mean Load Shedder