When you see a negative balance in your Uber account, it means the amount of cash you’ve collected from trips is more than what you’ve actually earned.
It’s easy to settle your negative balance quickly. You can do this in the Uber Driver app by using the USSD, Barter and Bank Transfer options. Pay within 2 days of receiving the payment notice to stay on the road and continue earning.
To understand how to make a payment to Uber after you have received a payment notification, please watch the video above or follow the process listed below:
How to make a payment from your Uber Driver App
When you receive a payment notification, you have 2 days to make a payment. Please follow the steps below to make a payment to settle your service fees:
1. Open your Uber Driver App
2. Open Inbox
3. Tap View payment details & Start Now
4. Enter payment amount
5. Confirm USSD as your payment method
6. Select your desired Bank
7. Copy authentication code
8. Dial authentication code
9. Enter your 4 digit pin code
10. Payment is successful
1. Enter payment amount
2. Press proceed
3. Enter Barter registered email/phone number along with your transaction code/pin
4. Pay from either your Barter account or your credit/debit card
5. Enter your card details
6. Press proceed
7. Select a method to receive an OTP
8. Enter OTP
9. Payment is successful
1. Enter payment amount
2. Proceed to make the payment
3. Choose the payment type e.g transfer
4. Enter the payment amount
5. Enter the correct account details
6. Choose the appropriate bank
7. Enter your bank’s OTP
8. Payment is successful
9. Payment successful notification
1. Select Verve and Enter payment amount
2. Enter your Verve card details
3. Enter your 4 digit pin code
4. Enter OTP received via SMS
5. Payment is successful
Settle your negative balance regularly and in-time to stay on the road and to avoid getting your account temporarily deactivated.
Frequently asked questions
- When do I have to pay?
- I paid my dues but the payment isn’t reflecting in my account?
- What does the minimum amount mean?
- Can I pay an amount greater than the total payable amount?
- How much money can I pay at a time?
- When will I have to pay?
- How many times will I have to pay Uber?
- If I pay the minimum amount then what will happen?
- Why is my minimum payable amount different from others?
- How long does it take for a deactivated driver to get reactivated after clearing dues?
- How long does it take for a payment to get reflected in a partner driver’s account?