We’ve partnered with the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund to create a unique financing and mentorship opportunity – at the simple tap of a button! With this, Uber riders and drivers from Lagos stand the chance win a Lagos innovate workspace voucher up to the value of N1.8 million courtesy of LSETF.
LSETF believe that these workspace vouchers will help support startups at the early stages of their ventures by facilitating access to well-equipped workspaces and learning. To help bear the cost of accessing high-quality infrastructure, Lagos Innovates will cover 30% – 75% on average of membership costs at any of their Partner Hubs for 3 – 12 months!
How does it work?
- UberPitch is open to start-ups in Lagos only, whom stand a chance to win a workspace voucher of up to N1,800,000.
- Participants can submit their applications on the below link.
- Only shortlisted riders and drivers with the best ideas will be contacted.
- If you’re shortlisted, you’ll be able to request an UberPITCH car and arrive at an exclusive location, where you’ll pitch your ideas to a panel consisting of LSETF reps, Banky W and Uber reps for 30 minutes.
- All UberPITCH rides are FREE.
- Submit you idea between 29 October 2018 to 11:59PM, 4 November 2018 to stand a chance to win!
- Your venture stage is anywhere from ideation to very early revenue. This means that it is either not yet incorporated, or it was incorporated less than one year from the date of your application for a Workspace Voucher.
- Your team is small and does not include any paid staff. You are a team of co-founders.
- You do not generate monthly revenues of more than one million Naira.
- You have never received any third-party capital for your venture; this includes grants, equity or debt.
Selection Process and Criteria:
- Your online application will be judged entirely on its merits, subject to your meeting the eligibility criteria for a Workspace Voucher.
- Applications will be scored by a panel of judges from within the Lagos startup ecosystem, taking into account four criteria: (1) market opportunity, (2) strength of the entrepreneur/co-founding team, (3) progress or traction to date, and (4) strength of recommendation by a credible third-party.
- The maximum possible score is 100 points, and Workspace Vouchers will be allocated to the highest scoring ventures subject to a minimum threshold score of 60 points, until the available vouchers for a particular period are exhausted.
- It is possible to score 60 points without a third-party recommendation, but this is a good way to increase your score. Ideal referees are recognised experts from within the Lagos startup ecosystem (for example, successful founders, investors with notable track records, hub/incubator operators, etc.) who know you/your co-founders and your venture well and can provide genuine insight about your potential.
In Partnership With