How to drive with Uber in Kenya
Uber is a great way to be your own boss and make money. Most people are eligible to drive with Uber, even if you don't have a car. Here’s what you need to know if you’re driving in Nairobi or Mombasa.
Hit the road
1. Sign up online
Got an email address and a smartphone? Great, now tell us a bit more about yourself and we'll get you started.
2. Upload your documents
Time for some paperwork. There are some of the documents we need to see:
- National identity card (must be over 24 years old)
- PSV driving license
- Complete a safety screening (Nairobi and Mombasa)
- Complete a Certification session
- Provide a driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
3. Get a vehicle
Make sure that your vehicle is in excellent working and physical condition, so that it meets our standards in Kenya.
- Remember, your vehicle will be able to receive uberX and uberCHAPCHAP trips in Nairobi.
Note: in Mombasa, at this time, we will only be onboarding new drivers for uberPOA (TukTuk).
4. Activate your account
If you've completed all the above steps, congratulations! You're ready to activate your account and start making money.
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.