Steps to complete your profile
1. Load your documents
Upload your valid PSV License and National Identity card. Only after all documents has been approved by Uber, will you receive an SMS to schedule a screening check.
2. Book your screening check
Book an appointment at the vendor below.
Documents to present at the screening check:
- PCC receipt (PCC certificate for those whose certificate is less than 1 month old) / PCC Certificate
- National ID
- Driver’s License
- PSV Driving License
It takes 5-7 business days to get back the results of the screening.
If the driver has passed the screening, the partner and driver shall receive a text message that the driver passed and that the driver is now active.
If the driver-partner fails the screening, Uber will unfortunately not be able to partner with the individual.
Points to keep in mind
- If the driver-partners' Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is older than three months, he/she will need to go back to the CID Headquarters and get finger printed for a new PCC. Make sure to keep the receipt. If the PCC is less than 3 months old, there is no need to go to the CID Headquarters.
- The cost of the a new Police Clearance Certificate (those who have an PCC older than 3 months) is KES 1,000. You need this certificate for your screening check.
- Uber does NOT cover any cost of the screening.