Due to the damages caused by incessant rains and floods across Kerala, we need your support to help those displaced.
How do you contribute?
Just open your app and select the “FLOODRELIEF” option and a Uber driver will come wherever you are, to pick up your support items. (Only products in kind are received).
This is how it works:
- Gather the products that you wish to donate.
- Open the Uber application and select the “FLOODRELIEF” option, at the bottom of the screen.
- A driver partner will arrive at the place you indicated in the application to collect your support items.
- We request that you assist in loading up the items so we can move the same swifty to the centres
Starting today, we will be collecting:
- Cleaning products and personal hygiene (Detergents, scrubbing liquid, disinfectants, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, Sanitary Pads, baby diapers etc.)
- Non-perishable foods (Rice, beans, cereals, oats, canned meats, canned vegetables, juices, powdered juices, UHT milk, milk powder, cooking oil)
- Clothes and shoes
- Sheets, blankets and towels
- Healing materials (gauze, bandages, etc.)
The products received will be collected and delivered to the relief centres spread across the city.
Remember that the products that you are going to support must be in good condition so that someone else can use them. Everything you are going to deliver must be inside a bag or box so that the driving partners can receive it.
Posted by Uber Editor
Book your ultimate ride and win a chance to meet and greet with Anil Kumble in Chennai!
15 March / India
Attribute-Based Access Control at Uber
How Uber Optimized Cassandra Operations At Scale
Innovative Recommendation Applications Using Two Tower Embeddings at Uber
The Transformative Power of Generative AI in Software Development: Lessons from Uber’s Tech-Wide Hackathon