Lasagne is a wide, flat shaped pasta and possibly one of the oldest types of Pasta that originated in Naples. Oh boy, do we love it’s saucy and cheesy goodness.
Below is one of the most simple recipes of lasagne that we know and it’s super delicious!
- 9 lasagna sheets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground Chicken or Paneer ( if you are a vegetarian )
- 1 onion, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package whole milk ricotta
- 3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain excess fat. Stir in tomatoes and Italian seasoning until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella and egg; set aside.
- Spread 1 cup tomato mixture onto the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish; top with 3 lasagna noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat with a second layer. Top with remaining noodles, tomato mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan.*
- Place into oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until bubbling. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until top is browned in spots.
- Let cool 15 minutes. Serve, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Never held a knife in your life? We’ve got you covered. Here are some of our favourite restaurants that have great Lasagne, take an uberPOOL ride and put savings back in your wallet :
- Toit, Indiranagar
- Chianti, Indiranagar & Koramangala
- Grapevine, HSR Layout
Content Courtesy : http://damndelicious.net/