Uber Hong Kong Join Forces with over 2,700 Assist Driver-Partners
To support Hong Kong’s Senior Citizen Day
Apply to enjoy up to ten Assist journey from Uber
Uber Hong Kong is committed to providing convenient and reliable point to point transportation to its users. This year’s Hong Kong Senior Citizen Day is the perfect time to give back, offering elderlies a convenient and discounted ride at the push of a button. To support Senior Citizen Day’s theme of the year – “Caring for the Elderly (全城護老),” – Uber Hong Kong is excited to launch “Uber With You” Community Program 2.0. This Program aims to create a barrier-free community and encourage elderlies and persons with disabilities to enjoy being out and about despite physical constraints. Starting from November 1, 2018, to January 31, 2019, Senior Citizen Card and Registration Card for People with Disabilities holders can redeem ten HK$100 off Assist trips from Uber.
Uber Hong Kong launched Assist in 2017 to provide special-care rides for elderlies, the disabled and expectant mothers. Uber then launched “Uber With You” Community Program this April to provide non-profit organisations in Hong Kong with complimentary Assist rides for their beneficiaries. To date, more than 6,000 Assist trips have been completed on the platform, offering a reliable and safe commute for those in need.
All Assist driver-partners have received professional training from Bamboos Professional Nursing Education, Silence, and Hong Kong Blind Union, equipping driver-partners with basic sign language knowledge, skills required to assist disabled riders to board vehicles and handle foldable wheelchairs. All training and courses are endorsed by the Hong Kong Health Care Federation.
Tips on Ordering an Assist ride on Uber:
- Don’t worry about not being able to commute with your friend or family who requires assistance, you can make use of the GPS tracker on the Uber app to ensure that the rider has been picked up, on route, and dropped off.
- If the rider requires additional support, you can message or call the the Assist-trained driver partner via the Uber App, to ensure they make note of any special assistance needed.
- Promotional Period: November 1, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- Limited to ten trips up to HK$100 off for each trip
- Offer is only available to holders of the “Senior Citizen Card” and “Registration Card for People with Disabilities.”
How To Apply:
- To register, enter the promotion code “UWY” in the Uber App
- Registered users will receive an email or SMS for instructions to upload proof of identification to http://t.uber.com/uwyf.
- Once the application has been reviewed, the applicant will receive an email or SMS notification to confirm their enrollment for the promotion. The offer will then be automatically added to the registered customer’s Uber account.
- For more information, please call 3008 4009 or visit http://t.uber.com/uwy.
*Promotion code is only used for registration
- Assist provides services for seniors, riders on wheelchairs and crutches, the visually impaired, the hearing impaired, and pregnant women. We encourage other riders to select our regular services in order for Assist riders to fully benefit from the service.
- For special assistance, please contact Uber driver-partners using the in-app contact feature.
- Assist does not apply to those on electric wheelchairs at the moment, since most Assist vehicles have yet