Partner & Rider Injury Protection provides you with help towards the financial cost of injury if you’re in an accident while on a trip.
Sometimes accidents happen. So it’s good to know that you’re protected against medical costs and lost earning opportunities.
What are the key features of cover?
Partner & Rider Injury Protection provides cover for specific events that occur while a Driver Partner or Rider is On-Trip. The key features are listed below. For full details please read this information from Hollard.
- Medical cover: If an accident happens On-Trip, this cover reimburses you for necessary medical costs you have incurred following the accident (e.g. X-ray, operations, medicines) up to a capped sum.
- Death and funeral payments: In the unfortunate event that you die as a result of an accident On-Trip, your dependents or heirs will benefit from a lump sum payment.
- Permanent Disability payments: In the unfortunate event that you suffer a permanent disability as a result of an accident On-Trip, you will benefit from a lump sum payment. The amount depends on the severity of the disability, as determined by Hollard.
- Daily Payment Benefit (injury): If you are hospitalised for more than 24 hours as a result of an accident that happened On-Trip and are thereafter unable to work because of your injuries, you will receive a daily payment for up to 30 days whilst you are medically certified by a qualified doctor as unfit to work.
- Inconvenience Payment – If a Driver suffers Bodily Injury from an On-Trip accident which results in hospitalisation lasting a minimum of 24 consecutive hours the Insurer shall pay the Driver a lump sum payment.
We want to help you protect yourself against medical costs and lost earning opportunities due to accidental injuries sustained while you’re On-Trip. We are proud to be industry leaders with Hollard in being your partner on the road.
*Note: All above covers are subject to prescribed conditions and limits, which Uber may amend at its discretion.
How do I claim?
In the event you’ve been in an accident and think you might have a claim, please submit a claim via one of the following channels:
- To Uber through the Uber app (information you provide may be shared with Hollard);
- By telephone to Hollard Insurance Claims department on +233202222392
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing to Hollard – Hollard Insurance at P.O. Box GP 20084, Accra, Ghana