Since launching UberEATS in London we’ve been blown away by the reception from hungry Londoners, and we’re seeing a similar reaction all over Europe where we’ve just announced expansion into new cities.
In just three months half a million Londoners have signed up to UberEATS, and thousands of couriers have partnered with us to deliver food to them. In fact, our courier partners have delivered so many burritos that they would be ten times higher than The Shard if stacked on top of each other.
Hundreds of thousands of Londoners have ordered food through UberEATS from their offices in zone 1 and from today we’re delighted to be expanding to zone 2. From Shepherd’s Bush to Docklands, Hampstead to Clapham and everywhere in between, you can now get food at home from your favourite restaurants in a few taps of the UberEATS app.
We’ve also more than tripled the number of restaurants available on the app from 150 to over 500, with new additions such as Leon, Paul, Basilico, Bunga Bunga and health food restaurant Squirrel. If you’ve not ordered from us before, you can get a free lunch or dinner (up to £10) by downloading the app and entering the promo code EATSZONE2.
This expansion is also good news for couriers who can now log in and operate anywhere in Zones 1 and 2 whenever they want – keeping them busier and so helping them make more money. We’re so confident that this expansion will keep couriers busy that we’re guaranteeing minimum hourly payments of £10 to £12 an hour during meal times by topping up payments if couriers have made less.
UberEATS is getting bigger and better. And in the months to come we hope to expand even further with more users, more couriers and more restaurants too.
“We’re really excited about this expansion and what it means for us. We’ve recently opened a restaurant in Canary Wharf and hope UberEATS will have the same impact there as it had for us in our central London restaurants where we saw a 15% increase in sales in the first week alone.” – Eric Partaker, Co-Founder, Chilango
How to order:
- Download the app and sign in – you can use your existing Uber account for UberEATS – or create a new one.
- Enter promo code EATSZONE2 to enjoy up to £10 off your first order.
- Tell us where to deliver – add your home, work, or any other address you’d like.
- Browse local restaurants – search for your favourite local restaurant or try something new.
- Check out with a tap – pay with your card on file. And remember, delivery is currently free.
- Track your order – watch as your order gets picked up and delivered right to your door.
- Over 500 great local restaurants to choose from – with many more to come
- No minimum order requirement
- Delivery is currently free
- Customise your order. No cheese? No worries
- Watch your food arrive in real-time in the app, just as you do when you book a car
- No need to worry about cash, pay with your account on file
First time trying UberEATS? Use promo code:
to enjoy up to £10 off your first order. Available for new users only. Terms apply.