CHRISTMAS EVE PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Uber & Budweiser Christmas Eve Promotion as detailed in these terms and conditions (the “Promotion”) is open to all individuals aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter or AB InBev UK Limited (“Budweiser”), their families, agents or any third party directly associated with the Promotion. Proof of age and/or identity may be required.
2. The Promotion offers new and existing Uber account holders in the United Kingdom (a “Participant”) the opportunity to get up to £15 off a ride on the Uber app via the UberX option successfully booked between 16.00 and 23.59 GMT on 24 December 2016 (the “Promotion Period”), subject to availability (a “Ride”).
3. The Promotion is subject to these terms and conditions and any limitations imposed by the Promoter, including but not limited to the availability of participating third party partner-drivers operating on the Uber app during the Promotion Period.
4. To take part in the Promotion, each Participant must have a smartphone with GPS capability, have downloaded the Uber app at https://get.uber.com/sign-up/, registered and have active internet connection. The terms and conditions at https://www.uber.com/legal/gbr/terms continue to apply to the extent applicable to this Promotion.
5. To take part in the Promotion each Participant must also: (i) visit the Promotion landing page on the Budweiser website at www.budweiser.co.uk; (ii) register for the Promotion code (the “Code”) by entering the details requested; (iii) receive an email providing a Code; (iv) input the Code to the Uber app; (v) request a ride via the UberX option in the United Kingdom where Uber is available during the Promotion Period (see https://www.uber.com/en-GB/cities/ for a list of where Uber is available in the UK)
6. This Promotion offers each Participant up to £15 off a Ride in the United Kingdom during the Promotion Period, subject to availability (the “Discount”). The Discount will be deducted from the total cost of the Ride. If a Ride costs less than the Discount, the remaining amount cannot be rolled over and no reimbursement of the shortfall shall be given. If the Ride costs more than the Discount, the Participant will be liable to pay any fare above the value of the Discount. The Promoter reserves the right to modify and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
7. Only one code per Participant can be entered during the Promotion Period. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details will not be accepted.
8. Participants must have completed their Ride by 01:30 on Sunday 25th December 2016 in order to qualify for the Discount.
9. Successful redemption of the Discount and the Code is subject to the availability of Uber partner-drivers.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failure to participate in the Promotion due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
11. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Promotion.
12. The Discount and the Code are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
13. Third party terms and conditions apply to any parts of the Promotion where applicable. Any liability arising in connection with the Promotion shall be several and the Promoter and Budweiser accept no joint and several liability in connection with the Promotion.
14. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding.
15. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse participation in the Promotion to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
16. In the event of circumstances beyond its control, the Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion and these terms and conditions where it becomes necessary to do so. Participants acknowledge that the Promoter and Budweiser are not liable or responsible if any part of the Promotion is cancelled, varied or rescheduled if circumstances make this unavoidable. If this means that the Participant cannot request a Ride following the successful request of a Ride, neither the Promoter nor Budweiser shall be under no obligation to provide anything in substitute.
17. Insofar as is permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded by the Promoter and Budweiser. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, Budweiser, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a Participant or accept any liability (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential) for any loss, damage, personal injury or death arising out of or in connection with a Participant’s participation in the Promotion, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not the Promoter, Budweiser or their affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such loss, damage, personal injury or death. A Participant’s statutory rights are not affected.
18. A Participant may be required to participate in publicity related to the Promotion which may include the publication of the Participant’s name and photograph in any media.
19. Personal data supplied during the course of this Promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Promotion.
20. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision, or part thereof, of these terms and conditions will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision or part thereof. In the event that any provision, or part thereof, of these terms and conditions is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions, or parts thereof, will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these terms and conditions will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other provision of these terms and conditions.
21. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in the Promotion–related materials and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion.
22. Except where prohibited by law, each Participant agrees that any dispute, conflict or controversy, howsoever arising out of or broadly in connection with or relating to the Promotion awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be first mandatorily submitted to settlement proceedings under the International Chamber of Commerce Mediation Rules (ICC Mediation Rules). If the said dispute has not been settled within 60 (sixty) days after a request for Mediation has been submitted under the said ICC Mediation Rules, such dispute shall be exclusively and finally resolved by arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC Arbitration Rules). The ICC Rules’ Emergency Arbitrator provisions are excluded. The dispute shall be resolved by one arbitrator to be appointed in accordance with the ICC Rules. The place of arbitration shall be Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
23. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions, or the rights and obligations of you and the Promoter or its affiliates in connection with the Promotion (whether contractual or non-contractual), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
24. For any queries regarding these terms and conditions, Participants can contact Uber via the in-app support function.
25. The Promoter of this Promotion is Uber B.V., of Vijzelstraat 68-78, 1017 HL Amsterdam, Netherlands.
UBER & BUDWEISER
DECEMBER NEW USER PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. To redeem the code, a new user of the Uber service must have a smartphone with GPS capability, have downloaded the Uber app or signed-up at at https://get.uber.com/sign-up/, registered and have active internet connection. Uber user Terms and Conditions (https://www.uber.com/legal/terms/gb/) and Privacy Statement (https://www.uber.com/legal/privacy/users/en/) apply.
2. New Uber users who enter the promotion code before requesting their first ride will get up to the value of the promotion code off their first ride (the “Discount”).
3. The code may only be used once by each new Uber user and will be valid until the date specified in the relevant promotion messaging.
4. The code is redeemable for a one-time discount to be used toward the total cost of a new user’s first ride on the Uber platform. If the new user’s ride costs less than the Discount, the remaining amount cannot be rolled over.
5. The code cannot be transferred, duplicated or sold and there is no cash value.
6. The code is limited to use in the UK in locations where Uber is available only.
7. Successful redemption of the code is subject to the availability of Uber partner-drivers.
8. The code is not valid for use on the UberTAXI product in London.
9. The code will expire one (1) year from the date of the promotion messaging, or such other date to be determined by Uber at its sole discretion.
10. The promoter of the code is Uber B.V., of Vijzelstraat 68-78, 1017 HL Amsterdam, Netherlands.