Almost everyone knows this situation: You’ve decided to go to the gym but then something comes up. Adem is passionate about going to the gym and has been working out regularly for many years. We asked him how he keeps himself motivated and what tips he has for an effective training.
Adem, how long have you been training regularly in the gym and how did you get there?
“I’ve been working out at least four times a week for over ten years. It all started with the decision to live healthier and more actively, and to make more of my body. In the meantime, working out has become my greatest passion and I can’t imagine life without it.”
What motivates you to work out so often?
“Going to the gym is part of my routine, just like eating and sleeping. Every day, I have my sights set on building muscles and getting even better endurance. The training also helps me reduce stress. If I lack the motivation, music often helps me to get going again.”
What advice would you give to people who also work out at the gym? What should one always consider?
- “The most important rule: You must know your goal. Do you want to lose weight, build muscle or improve your endurance? Once you know this, you can create an efficient training plan and achieve success.
- Another important point is that you are familiar with all equipment and exercises. I keep seeing people misusing the equipment and endangering themselves and others.”
What motivational tips can you give people to go to the gym?
- “Listen to music while working out. It is always amazing how much positive influence music has on my training motivation but also on the success of my training.
- Use the gym as a place to meet other sports enthusiasts and exchange ideas with them. With a little luck you get to know your future training partner there.
- Introduce variety. I change my training sessions every few weeks, so that I never get bored and I always have new exercises to concentrate on.”
How do you fit the many training times per week into your schedule?
” I prefer to train during the day when most people are at work and I don’t have to wait for the training equipments. As an Uber driver-partner, I can choose my own schedule, so I have no problems combining this with my hobby.”