Uber Comfort: built with more in mind
Introducing Uber Comfort, an elevated economy ride option for up to 4 passengers that’s designed to help you make extra money by giving riders more room than they may get with UberX.
Uber Comfort is a product for riders and drivers that connects riders with newer, spacious cars. It includes enhanced rider preferences and a new fee structure that gives riders more time to get to the car.
What you can expect with Uber Comfort
- Higher fares than UberX
- Eligible drivers with Uber Comfort can make more money per trip than with UberX. To see the rates for Uber Comfort in your city, just go to the Fares section of your partner dashboard.
- A more streamlined experience with Ride Preferences
- With Ride Preferences, your rider can request their ideal temperature and let you know if they wish to chat, all before you arrive.
- Extended pickup periods
- Except for airport pickups, riders using Uber Comfort will have 10 minutes before they can be charged for a driver-initiated cancellation fee. Riders will pay higher per-minute wait time fees and higher cancellation fees on Uber Comfort than UberX when a driver needs to cancel.
Uber Comfort was designed to maximize possibilities on the Uber platform. Driver eligibility criteria for Uber Comfort include each of the following:
- Maintain eligibility on a different Uber option such as UberX, Select, UberXL, Uber Black, or Uber Black SUV
- Have a minimum star rating of 4.85 based on at least 250 trips
- Drive a vehicle with more legroom than smaller, compact cars eligible for UberX and that meet the minimum vehicle year requirement (see eligible vehicle list below)
Uber Comfort is now available in Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Hamilton, Edmonton, Niagara Region, and Quebec City.
How to get access to Uber Comfort trip requests
If you already have access to UberX trip requests and you are eligible for Comfort trips and have a Comfort-eligible vehicle, you will automatically get access to Comfort trip requests. If you have access to only Select, UberXL, Uber Black, and/or Uber Black SUV trip requests and you are eligible for Comfort, you can receive access to Comfort by selecting UberX on the Driver Preferences screen. At this time, you cannot receive Comfort trip requests without also receiving UberX requests and, where applicable, shared ride requests.
To see if your vehicle meets Uber Comfort’s special eligibility requirements, see the full list below:
Want to learn more?
Hear from the team that built Uber Comfort by listening to our latest podcast episode.