Drive with Uber
Innisfil needs drivers like you! Riders request Uber rides to get around town everyday—you could use your vehicle to cash in on the action.
Driving with Innisfil Transit
Residents of Innisfil are able to get a safe and affordable ride, on demand. Innisfil Transit matches riders going in the same direction so they can share a vehicle and the cost of the ride. For drivers, this means more rides and more fares.
Drive when you want
Earn what you need
- Set your own schedule
You can drive with Uber anytime, day or night, 365 days a year. When you drive is always up to you, so it never interferes with the important things in your life.
- Make more at every turn
Trip fares start with a base amount, then increase with time and distance. And when demand is higher than normal, drivers make more.
- Let the app lead the way
Just tap and go. You’ll get turn-by-turn directions, tools to help you make more, and 24/7 support.
What is Innisfil Transit?
To make the service as efficient as possible, Innisfil Transit was built on top of uberPOOL, our carpooling service. Riders request their Innisfil Transit ride through the Uber app, and can be matched with other riders travelling on a similar path. Each rider pays their own fare and drivers receive multiple fares added together.
Like uberX, drivers will receive a request through the app and given directions to pick up the first rider. If we’re able to find another rider going the same direction, you’ll receive a second request in the app. Directions will be updated automatically.
Resources for drivers
In Innisfil, teens can now request rides on the Uber platform. Here are few things we thought you’d like to know in case you get paired with a teen rider.
Support at every turn
We want every Uber trip to be hassle-free. So we’re here to help with account setup, fare adjustments, and more whenever you need it.
Keeping you safe
Uber is dedicated to keeping people safe on the road. Our technology enables us to focus on driver safety before, during, and after every trip.
- How is Innisfil Transit different from uberX?
- How will I know if a second pickup was added to an Innisfil Transit trip?
- Can riders change their destination or make additional stops?
- How do flat fares work?
- How many riders will I pick up?
- What are Teen accounts and how do they work?
Questions or comments?
We’d love to hear from you. Innisfil Transit is Canada’s first ridesharing and transit partnership and we want your feedback so we can improve the experience for yourself and members of the Innisfil community.
There are many ways to drive with Uber. Each service has its own requirements that your vehicle must meet. Does your vehicle qualify? Find out here.
Does your vehicle qualify?
To drive with Uber in Innisfil, your vehicle must meet these minimum requirements:
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening doors
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- Seat at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
- No full-sized vans or trucks
- No taxi cabs, government cars, or commercially marked vehicles
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- Pass a vehicle inspection by a licensed mechanic
View our list of popular models for uberX but others may qualify as well.
Uber accepts both official and temporary registration documents. The vehicle does not need to be registered in your name to qualify.
Next step: Complete a vehicle inspection
- Find an inspection centre
Find your nearest inspection centre and make an appointment for a vehicle inspection. Our preferred locations are below but you’re welcome to use your own mechanic. If you do, be sure to visit a Motor Vehicle Inspection Station that can issue a ‘Safety Standards Certificate’.
- Complete a vehicle inspection
Bring your vehicle in for the inspection. If your vehicle passes the inspection, the mechanic will give you a Safety Standards Certificate (SSC). Note that Uber does not cover the cost of the inspection, or any repairs or maintenance needed to pass an inspection.
- Upload your Safety Standards Certificate
After you pass your vehicle inspection, upload a clear photo of the ‘Safety Standards Certificate’ to your Uber account.
Insurance in Ontario
Ontario has approved an insurance policy from Intact Insurance designed specifically for ridesharing. Drivers are still required to maintain a personal insurance policy.
Popular vehicle models
- BMW – 3-series, X5, 5-series
- Chevrolet – Cruze, Equinox, Impala
- Chrysler – 200, 300
- Dodge – Charger, Journey, Grand Caravan, Ram 1500
- Ford – Focus, Fusion, Edge, Escape, F-150
- Honda – Accord, Civic, CR-V, Fit
- Hyundai – Elantra, Sonata, Tucson, Santa Fe, Tucson, Accent
- Jeep – Wrangler, Patriot, Grand Cherokee
- Kia – Forte, Optima, Rio, Sorento
- Lexus – RX, ES, IS
- Mazda – Mazda3, CX-5, Mazda5, Mazda6
- Mercedes-Benz – C-Class, GLK-Class, M-Class
- Mitsubishi – Lancer, RVR
- Nissan – Altima, Rogue, Sentra, Versa, Murano
- Subaru – Impreza, Forester
- Toyota – Corolla, Camry, Highlander, Matrix, Prius, Rav4, Sienna, Venza
- Volkswagen – Jetta, Passat, Golf, Tiguan