Since we launched Uber Reserve in 2021, Aussies have been embracing our book now, ride later feature for getting to the airport stress free, to appointments on time, or timing their exit from events perfectly.
In an advertising campaign launched last month, comedian Ronny Chieng helped showcase Uber Reserve as the perfect getaway solution, supporting the star in getting out of a multitude of sticky situations.
With the ability to schedule a ride from 30 minutes to 90 days in advance, Uber Reserve is the ideal mobility option for those who, like Ronny, want a bit of extra certainty in their lives.
And from today, we’re pleased to announce that more Aussies will have access to this Uber convenient feature, as we roll Uber Reserve out in seven new cities across Australia, and expand its service area to cover all major cities nationwide.
Riders in Ballarat, Byron Bay, Mornington Peninsula, Newcastle, Sunshine Coast, Townsville and Wollongong will now have access to reserved rides, with a locked in upfront price.
Dom Taylor, Uber ANZ General Manager said: “As Aussies increasingly seek to add more organisation and price certainty to their lives, we’re delighted to roll out Uber Reserve in seven more cities across the country,”
“Now, via a few taps in the Uber app, more Aussies will have the ability to schedule a ride to get to the airport on time, to see friends or for a well timed exit.”
How Uber Reserve works
- Simply go into your Uber app, click ‘Reserve a ride’
- Select your pickup location and drop off destination
- Enter your chosen date and time. This can be up to 30 minutes before, or up to 90 days in advance.
- Select your vehicle preference from the options available in your area, with the upfront price visible for each option
- A notification will be sent when your driver is on their way.
- The driver will wait at the pick up location for up to 5 minutes for most Uber trips, and up to 15 minutes for Uber Premier trips.
You have the flexibility to cancel an Uber Reserve trip without any fees up to one hour before your pick up time. However, if you cancel within 60 minutes of your Reservation and a driver has already confirmed your trip, a fixed cancellation fee will be applied to compensate the driver for their time.
The full list of cities Uber Reserve is now available in includes Ballarat, Byron Bay, Mornington Peninsula, Newcastle, Sunshine Coast, Townsville and Wollongong, Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra, Darwin, Geelong, Gold Coast, Hobart, Launceston, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Toowoomba.