This year, the Aussie love of travel has faced pretty tough opposition. Instead of hopping on a plane or heading to the coast, we’ve been staying at home, helping keep everyone safe.
But now, as state travel restrictions ease, we know Aussies are excited to get moving again. And we’ve heard the calls from our domestic tourism sector that it needs a helping hand to get back on its feet.
That’s why we’re trialling a world-first – Uber Rent – a new feature in the Uber app that makes renting a car easy and rewarding.
This new option will let you to hire a car using the Uber app. You’ll get 10% of the cost back in Uber Credits on your first rental, and earn Uber Rewards points for subsequent rental trips. This means you’ll be able to search for the perfect vehicle for your trip, at the perfect price.
There is a catch though. During the trial, Uber Rent will only be available for 50% of regular Uber users. From today in Brisbane, 50% of Uber app users will see the option in their app. From next week, 50% of users across the Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide will also be able select Uber Rent in the Uber app.
While many Australians will drive to a wine region, down the coast or explore the mountains in their own car – not everyone has access to their own private vehicle. At Uber we believe you should always be able to get around, even if you don’t own your own car, and Uber Rent is one more way of helping people do just that.
How it works
- Update your Uber app to the latest version to see if you have the Uber Rent option.
- Select ‘Rentals’ and you’ll see our partner Cartrawler’s search engine to enter your pickup location and rental date. CarTrawler offers unrivalled choice of car rental suppliers in the trial cities.
- Select and book the car that suits you best and off you go!
How Uber Rewards works with Uber Rent
- Get 10% back in Uber Credit on your first car rental to use on rides with Uber and orders with Uber Eats.
- Earn at least 1 Uber Rewards point for every dollar you spend for subsequent car rentals.