The Future of Seamless Travel: New Travel Features Launching in Time for SummerWritten by
After a couple of challenging summers for Australian travel, we’re looking forward to helping Aussies get back out there across the holidays, to reconnect with friends and family, and explore neighbouring states.
For a more seamless door-to-door travel experience ahead of the busy travel season, we’re super excited to roll out a couple of new in-app travel innovations.
Reserve Airport Pick Ups
For those wanting a stress free and premium airport pickup, today we’re launching our most intuitive ride yet across Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney airports.
Uber Reserve Airport Pickups enables riders to schedule a trip up to 30 days in advance from their destination airport, with flight tracking technology to help ensure a ride is ready and waiting, whether their flight is early, on time or delayed.
For added comfort, the innovative feature is launching exclusively with Uber’s most premium ride, Uber Premier. The fare already includes up to 60 minutes wait time, so riders won’t have to pay any additional charge to the upfront price if they need this time after landing.
Here’s how it works:
- Open your Uber app and tap Reserve on the home screen. Then tap, ‘Reserve a Ride’ and enter the airport where you’ll be arriving as your pickup location as well as your destination.
- You’ll see the benefits of using Reserve including flight tracking, so tap ‘Let’s go’ and enter your flight arrival date, and flight number.
- Then, select Uber Premier, and your ride is reserved. You’ll be able to connect with your driver-partner when you land, be picked up kerbside, and if you need some extra time, you’ll have up to 60 minutes of included wait time.
For the travel organisation enthusiasts, today we’re launching Uber Travel, enabling riders to see all legs of their travel itinerary such as flights, hotels and rides in one place.
Linking your travel plans from Google and Microsoft email accounts, Uber Travel enables riders to consolidate and organise the disparate and disjointed confirmations they receive into easily retrievable and useful travel itineraries. Aussies can reserve rides in advance through the feature and, for a limited time, receive 10% back in Uber credit.*
Here’s how it works:
- Open the Uber app and tap ‘Travel,’ followed by “Get Started”, then ‘Sign in with Google’ or ‘Sign in with Microsoft’ and then select your Gmail or Microsoft account.
- Opt-in to give Uber-AwardWallet permission to see your email messages and settings. Google users, check the permissions box and Microsoft users tap ‘Allow’ to continue.
- You’ll soon see all of your upcoming trips appear right in the Uber app.
With a vision to provide a variety of products available for every traveller’s need, the features are the latest innovations in our product portfolio, following the launch of Uber Carshare earlier this month and our exclusive Melbourne Airport PickUp zone last year.
– – –
*Offer eligible only for Uber Reserve rides booked through Uber Travel. Offer valid to 11:59pm (AEDT) on 31 January 2023. Uber credits will apply to your account within 30 days from your completed trip date and expire 90 days from the issue date. Uber credits are funds on your Uber account that can be used for rides on the Uber app or orders on the Uber Eats app. Uber reserves the right to vary, cancel or suspend this offer at any time.