For some trips, the little extras make a big difference. That’s why we’re bringing Uber Comfort to six new Australian cities – Hobart, Darwin, Cairns, Toowoomba, Newcastle, and Wollongong.
Whether it’s your morning commute, or making a long-awaited visit to your favourite restaurant feel a tad more comfy, Uber Comfort is the ride option that delivers more, for just a little extra.
Uber Comfort offers newer, more spacious vehicles driven by more experienced, top-rated driver-partners. Plus, it also comes with the option for quiet mode, temperature control and extended wait times.
With Ride Preferences, Uber Comfort riders can request a quiet ride as well as what temperature (warm, hot, cool, cold) they’d like. For example, if you’re dialling into a conference call on the way to the office, you can request a quiet trip – without any music or conversation – to maximise productivity. And if winter isn’t really your cup of tea, you can opt for the heat to be turned on before you even hop in the car.
With extended wait times, driver-partners also wait up to 10 minutes on Uber Comfort trips. This is perfect if you get held up but need your ride ready to go the minute you are.
These features also take out the guesswork for driver-partners looking to give riders a 5 star ride.
Uber Australia and New Zealand General Manager Dom Taylor said some riders would also be eligible for savings on their Comfort trip once every month.
“All users will also earn two points per eligible dollar on Uber Comfort trips which help you earn more rewards and move from the starting tier of Blue, up to Gold.
“So whether you want a more experienced driver-partner, or just need a little bit extra space to stretch out, Uber Comfort is the go to for your next ride.”
For around 1.2x the cost of an UberX, Uber Comfort features:
- Experienced Driver-partners: Driver-partners available for Uber Comfort will have a minimum rating of 4.85 and at least 500 trips logged on the Uber app.
- Newer Cars: Arrive in comfort with a newer, more spacious car with extra leg room.
- Quiet mode: Choose in advance whether you’re looking for a quiet ride, or a chatty one.
- Temperature control: You can request your ideal temperature in advance – choose between warm, hot, cool, or cold.
- Extended Wait Times: We know you value your time, and so do we. With extended wait times your driver will now wait up to 10 minutes.
Uber Comfort launched in 2019 in Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Canberra.