We are excited to announce that we are launching a new pet-friendly ride option – Uber Pet – for riders travelling with a pet from 25 June 2020.
When a rider requests an Uber Pet trip, they agree to pay a little extra for their ride, which means you will earn more per trip than you would with UberX on the same route.
The trip type will be shown on the request screen in the Driver app.
Uber Australia’s assistance animal policy
Driver-Partners may choose to stop receiving Uber Pet trips requests at any time, but are still required by law to accept riders with assistance animals (e.g. guide dogs) – assistance animals are legally allowed to go everywhere their owner goes. Please review Uber’s assistance animal policy to learn more.
- How many pets can travel?
- What types of animals are allowed?
- Do pets need to be caged?
- Who is responsible for any cleaning charges?
- What if a rider has a pet but requests an UberX?
- How should I prepare for an Uber Pet trip?
- How many riders can ride with Uber Pet?
- How do I turn Uber Pet requests on or off?