The Uber and Red Cross Clothing Drive is Back!
Now in it’s third year, we’ve once again partnered with Australian Red Cross for our annual Clothing Drive and are asking everyone to say farewell to some fashion. Request an Uber between 12pm and 4pm on Sunday 3 June and have your pre-loved clothes picked up and delivered to Red Cross Shops for FREE to help Australian Red Cross continue to have a positive impact around the country.
And fashion that does so much good, deserves to be celebrated.
We’re Throwing a Farewell Fashion Show
To provide a little inspiration in the lead up to the collection day, we’ll be throwing a Farewell Fashion Show hosted by Jackie O and featuring some of your favourite personalities strutting their donation down the catwalk. For the chance to be in the audience of our Farewell Fashion Show, with a friend, upload an Instagram post of you in an outfit you’ll donate, with #FarewellFashion, @uber_australia and @redcrossau before 12pm 30 May – the 10 best images will win!
Getting Involved Is Easy:
- If you haven’t used Uber before, download the Uber app and create an account.
- Get your pre-loved clothes together.
- Open the Uber app between 12pm and 4pm on 3 June, 2018.
- Select Red Cross Clothing Drive card.
- Tap ‘Request’ and confirm your pick-up location.
- Where available, your items will be picked up free of charge.
Donation Do’s and Don’ts
- For the Uber x Red Cross Clothing Drive, Red Cross Shops can only accept clothing, shoes and accessories – no toys, books, furniture or electrical items.
- Make sure your donations are bagged and ready to go.
- Please bring your bagged items out to the car when it arrives. Driver-partners will not be able to leave their cars unattended.
- Please donate quality items only. This means the kind of items people will want to buy, or that you would be happy to give away to a friend.
There’s Always Time to Donate
If you’re unable to participate on 3 June, don’t worry; Australian Red Cross accepts donations all year round.