Find the best way to get where you need to go
We’re working with Transport for NSW to make it easy for you to find real-time public transport information, like prices and estimated travel times for buses, trains, ferries, and light rail, in the Uber app.
We’ll be gradually rolling out the new public transport feature during August and September to Uber app users in Sydney.
Here’s how it works:
- Enter your destination in the app
- Scroll up and tap ‘Public Transport’
- Tap ‘See Routes’ to see the transport options, with price and estimated time of arrival
- Select your preferred route by tapping it
- Scroll up to see the route instructions – scroll down to go back to the map.
- Follow the route in your Uber app to get to your destination!
You can use the Public Transport option in your Uber app in the Greater Sydney catchment area:
- What area is covered by this feature?
- Can I pay for my public transport trip in the Uber app?
- Does this new feature show real-time delays?
- I saw different travel details on another platform. Why is this?
- How are the prices calculated?