Uber is the official rideshare partner of the 2019 Australian Open.
To celebrate, for 8 days from Sunday 13th Jan until Sunday 20th Jan, we’re serving up 5,000 free ground passes to the Australian Open.
How to get your hands on the free ground passes:
- Find our special Uber branded car parked somewhere around Melbourne—we’ll release clues of its location on our Facebook @uberoz, Instagram @uber_australia, and on Fox FM 101.9.
- If you find the parked car you’ll have a chance to claim 2 free ground passes. But you’ve got to get in quick, passes are limited!
- Say “See You Soon” to the Australian Open.
That’s Game. Set. Tickets.
Terms & Conditions:
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- Uber is Uber Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 49 160 299 865) (“Uber”).
- Entry to the promotion is free of charge.
- Competition runs from Sunday 13/01/2019 – Sunday 20/01/2019.
- To enter, eligible individuals must:
- Listen to radio channel Fox FM 101.9 for clues on where the location of the Uber & Australian Open branded car is each day
- Tune in to the Uber Australia social media channels on Facebook @uberoz and Instagram @uber_asutralia for clues on where the location of the Uber & Australian Open branded car is each day of the competition
- Follow the clues to head to the hidden location and find the Uber & Australian Open branded car for your chance to receive 2 free ground passes to the Australian Open on a selected day
- Tickets will be given out on a first come, first served basis while tickets last
- The competition is a game of Skill.
- Prizes cannot be transferred. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Uber reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Uber, includes objectionable content, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of Uber, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the competition and/or Uber. Uber reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Uber becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- By submitting an entry and participating in this promotion, you give Uber permission to copy, publish and promote your entry, including your name and image.
- Uber shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Uber, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, Uber reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
12 . Each prize entitles the winner to 2x Ground Pass tickets to the Australian Open. The distribution of prizes is as follows:
|Giveaway Date||Ticket Dates||# Of Ground Passes|
|17/01/19 Thurs||18/01/18 & 21/01/18||830|
|18/01/19 Fri||22/01/18 & 23/01/18||830|
|19/01/19 Sat||24/01/18 & 25/01/18||830|
|20/01/19 Sun||25/01/18 & 26/01/18||830|
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by Uber then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize. Uber reserve the right to replace a prize (or any part of it) with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Uber’s control make it necessary to do so. A Prize (or any part of it) is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not for sale, and no substitution by the winner and no cash alternative is offered.
- This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or Instagram. By submitting an entry, you agree to release Instagram from all liability in relation to the contest.
- Prizes are subject to any conditions imposed by Tennis Australia.
- Uber reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion and / or these Terms and Conditions where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Uber, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a participator accept any liability (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential) for any loss, damage, personal injury or death arising out of or in connection with any participant’s participation in the Promotion or taking up the Prize, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Uber or their affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such loss, damage, personal injury or death. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision or part thereof. In the event that any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions, or parts thereof, will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Promoters’ failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in the Promotion–related materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions, or the rights and obligations of the participants and Uber or its affiliates in connection with the Promotion or the Prize (whether contractual or non-contractual), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia.