We know that finding your ride faster matters; it means you can get where you need to go and arrive on time. That’s why we’ve put together these tips for quicker pickups to make it easier for you to connect with your driver.
Editing your pickup point is easy as
If the pickup point you’ve chosen isn’t as exact as it could be, never fear – after you’ve requested a ride, you can easily adjust it. Here’s how:
- Tap your pickup location
- Type a new address or drag your pin to the correct location on the map
- Tap “Confirm” to complete your request
Pickup messages can help your driver find you in a crowd
Pickup messages make it easy for you to let your driver know how to spot you, or to give a quick update on your status. Here’s how:
- Tap ‘Any pickup notes’ to choose from pre-written messages or send your own
- Tap ‘send’
- Your message will be read aloud to your driver through the app.
Using spotlight makes it easy to connect with the right ride
With Spotlight, riders hold up their phone, which lights up with a colourful ‘Spotlight’ as their driver approaches. The driver sees this same colour in their app, so they know they have the right rider.
To use Spotlight, after you request a ride, simply tap the coloured button that appears in the bottom right corner of your app and follow the prompts.
Sharing your live location puts you on the map
When you turn on live location sharing, your driver will see where you are in relation to your pickup point on their in-app map. Here’s what to do:
- Tap the grey symbol on the bottom right corner of the map.
- When your icon is blue, you’re sharing your location
- You can change this setting at any time by tapping the icon on your map
These tips are all part of our commitment to create smoother, faster pickups and a better trip experience. We hope you find them helpful – stay tuned for more ride tips in future.