User Generated Content Policy
Uber may, in its sole discretion, permit you from time to time to submit, upload, publish or otherwise make available to Uber through the Services textual, audio, and/or visual content and information, including commentary and feedback related to the Services, initiation of support requests, and submission of entries for competitions and promotions ("User Content"). Uber may, in its sole discretion, remove, edit or disable User Content for any reason, including if Uber reasonably determines that User Content violates this Agreement. Uber does not assume any responsibility or liability for User Content, for removing it, or not removing it or other Content. Uber does not pre-screen all User Content and does not endorse or approve any User Content available on the Services.
Any User Content provided by you remains your property. However, by providing User Content to Uber, you grant Uber a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, modify, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise exploit in any manner such User Content in all formats and distribution channels now known or hereafter devised (including in connection with the Services and Uber's business and on third-party sites and services), without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases necessary to grant Uber the license to the User Content as set forth above; and (ii) neither the User Content, nor your submission, uploading, publishing or otherwise making available of such User Content, nor Uber's use of the User Content as permitted herein will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party's intellectual property or proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
When you access or use the Services, you agree that you will not:
- Violate any law, rule or regulation.
- Interfere with or disrupt the Services or any server or network used to support or provide the Services, including any hacking or cracking in the Services.
- Use any software or program that damages, interferes with or disrupts the Services or another's computer or property, such as denial of service attacks, spamming, hacking, or uploading computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, cancelbots, spyware, corrupted files and time bombs.
- Use the Services to cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, or property damage, for example using vulgar or harassing language, being abusive, or spamming, to any party using the Services. Hate speech is not tolerated.
- Contribute User Content or organize or participate in any activity, group or association that is inappropriate, abusive, harassing, profane, threatening, hateful, offensive, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invades another's privacy, or is otherwise reasonably objectionable.
- Publish, post, upload or distribute User Content that is illegal or that you don't have permission to freely distribute, including the personal information of another person.
- Publish, post, upload or distribute any content that Uber (acting reasonably and objectively) determines is inappropriate, abusive, hateful, harassing, profane, defamatory, threatening, hateful, obscene, sexually explicit, infringing, privacy-invasive, vulgar, offensive, indecent or unlawful.
- Post a message for any purpose other than personal communication. Prohibited messages include advertising, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes and other types of solicitation or commercial activities.
- Impersonate another person or falsely imply that you are an Uber employee, Ubver Partener or representative.
- Improperly use in-app support or complaint buttons or make false reports to Uber staff.
- Attempt to obtain, or phish for, a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else using the Services.
- Use any robot, spider or other automated device or process to access the Services for any purpose or copy any material on from the Services.
- Attempt to use the Services on or through any service that is not controlled or authorized by Uber.
- Promote, encourage or take part in any prohibited activity described above.
If you or someone using your Account violates this Agreement, fails to remedy this violation after a warning, Uber may take action against you, including revoking access to certain or all of the Services, or terminating your Account. In case of severe violations, Uber may take these actions without issuing a prior warning. When practical, Uber will notify you of the action it will take in response to violations of these rules or breach of this Policy.
Specific Uber Services may post additional rules that apply to your conduct on those services.
If you encounter another user who is violating any of these rules, please report this activity to Uber using by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uber may, in its discretion, monitor or record online activity or Content on the Services and may remove any Content from any Service at its discretion. Remember that your communications and your User Content in any of the Services are public and will be seen by others.