UberEVENTS - Terms And Conditions
Last Updated: August 20, 2015
PURCHASE OF UBER GUEST PASSES
- A Purchaser is required to assign a maximum redemption value per ride or other single Uber platform transaction (each an “Uber Platform Transaction”) (not to exceed $50.00 USD per Uber Platform Transaction) for each Uber Guest Pass and to assign a maximum number of Uber Platform Transactions that can be performed using each Uber Guest Pass (not to exceed 10 single Platform Transactions). A Purchaser is also required to set an expiration date for the Uber Guest Passes ordered. Such expiration date can be no longer than 7 days following the date of a Guest Pass order.
- Purchaser must have an active Uber account with at least one (1) valid payment method on file to order and purchase any Uber Guest Passes and for Uber Guest Passes to be redeemed. Uber may suspend or deactivate any or all Uber Guest Passes ordered with a payment method on file if it determines in its sole discretion that such payment method is fraudulent, expired, cancelled, not valid or unable to access funds at least equal to the aggregate maximum potential value of all Uber Guest Passes ordered by Purchaser. Uber may also deactivate or suspend use of Uber Guest Passes at its sole discretion. Purchaser may not purchase in any single day Uber Guest Passes with an aggregate potential value of more than $10,000.00 USD. Uber may change these limits or apply other limits to individual purchases and redemptions of Uber Guest Passes in its discretion, and as permitted by law.
- Upon submission of Purchaser's order to purchase Uber Guest Passes, Uber will determine the aggregate maximum potential value of all Uber Guest Passes ordered in such transaction (“Aggregate Maximum Value”) and will seek an authorization from the issuer of Purchaser's chosen payment method for up to 100% of the Aggregate Maximum Value. Uber will not charge Purchaser for the Aggregate Maximum Value at the time of such Uber Guest Pass order and Purchaser acknowledges that no prepaid value exists with respect to Uber Guest Passes. By submitting an order for Uber Guest Passes, however, Purchaser agrees to pay Uber up to the Aggregate Maximum Value of the Uber Guest Passes immediately following the end of the validity period for the ordered Uber Guest Passes.
- Upon Purchaser's submission of the Uber Guest Pass order transaction, Uber will charge Purchaser a 2.5% non-refundable service fee on the Aggregate Maximum Value of the Uber Guest Passes ordered. Such service fee is entirely non-refundable, regardless of whether such Uber Guest Passes are redeemed.
- Upon Purchaser's completion of the order, the number of Uber Guest Passes selected by Purchaser will be emailed to the email address specified in Purchaser's Uber account. Uber Guest Passes are only available in this format.
- Following the expiration date and time for any Uber Guest Passes or Uber's election to suspend and/or deactivate further use of any Uber Guest Passes, Uber will charge the payment method associated with Purchaser's Uber account for the total Uber Guest Pass value actually redeemed and used by Recipients of such expired Guest Passes.
REDEMPTION OF UBER GUEST PASSES
- Recipient must have an active account with Uber with at least one (1) valid payment method on file and must redeem the Uber Guest Pass code in the Uber app or on https://clients.uber.com/#!/promotions to activate such Uber Guest Pass for the Recipient's Uber account.
- Uber Guest Passes may not be redeemed for use with the Uber's product currently referred to as “UberTAXI.”
- Uber Guest Passes cannot be redeemed for goods or services outside of the Uber platform.
- Once redeemed by the Recipient, Uber Guest Pass value is not transferrable to other Uber accounts or users.
- Uber Guest Passes cannot be redeemed for cash, except as required by law.
- Recipients and Purchaser will not receive any value or credit for any unused portions of Uber Guest Passes.
- All Uber Guest Pass values will expire and be unavailable immediately following the end date and time selected by the Purchaser for each applicable Uber Guest Pass. If any Uber Guest Pass promotion codes have not been redeemed within the time specified by the Purchaser for each applicable Uber Guest Pass, the Uber Guest Pass promotion codes will expire and no longer be redeemable.
- Currently, the Uber Guest Pass program is only for purchase and redemption in the United States.
PAYMENT WITH UBER GUEST PASSES
- When an Uber Guest Pass promotion code is redeemed by a Recipient, Uber will charge all Qualifying Platform Transactions requested via the Recipient's Uber account to Purchaser's Uber account, up to the maximum value per transaction (e.g., a ride) selected by Purchaser. A “Qualifying Platform Transaction” means a transaction requested by a Recipient (up to the number of transactions per Uber Guest Pass selected by Purchaser) that is completed within the validity period selected by Purchaser.
- If a fare exceeds the Uber Guest Pass value for an individual transaction, the balance will be charged to a payment method on file with the Recipient's Uber account.
- Uber Guest Pass value will be applied to fares billed in the corresponding currency. Example: Uber promotion code value in USD will only be applied to fares billed in USD.
- Fare adjustments on transactions paid for with Uber Guest Passes will be issued as Uber credit to the Recipient, but the Purchaser will still be charged the full original fee associated with the Qualifying Platform Transaction. In no event will Purchaser receive Uber credit for transactions paid for with Uber Guest Passes.
UBER GUEST PASS USAGE
- Unless otherwise agreed by Uber, Uber guest passes and the resulting promotion codes may be used for personal purposes only, and may not be resold or used in connection with any marketing, advertising, promotional or commercial activities, including, without limitation, via websites, Internet advertisements, email, telemarketing, direct mail, newspaper and magazine advertisements, and radio and television broadcasts.
- Purchaser is responsible for lost, stolen, or misused Uber Guest Passes unless otherwise required by law.
- Uber reserves the right to close accounts, adjust balances and/or request alternative forms of payment if an Uber Guest Pass promotion code is fraudulently obtained or used.
Uber may cease offering the Uber Guest Pass program at any time and for any reason.