Getting ready for your first trip
Many highly rated drivers say that they keep these tools ready in their car before they drive. Local laws and restrictions may apply.
1. A phone mount for navigating hands-free.
2. A Bluetooth headset for taking calls (where permitted by law).
3. A phone charger so you never run out of battery while driving.
4. An Uber decal (also called a sticker or trade dress), required in some cities.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I sign up to drive with Uber?
Looking to drive with Uber but haven’t signed up yet? Start by downloading the Uber Driver app from Google Play or the App Store (search for Uber Driver). Then look here for a quick step-by-step guide to starting an account.
- How do I know if my car will pass inspection?
Many cities require an inspection before driving with Uber. Inspection criteria vary depending on your location. If you want to know in advance what the requirements are for your town, contact your local Uber Greenlight Hub for information.
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.