Vancouver International Airport
Riders at YVR can request Uber when leaving the airport. Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
Fonctionnement des demandes de prise en charge
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive trip requests at the International and Domestic Terminal Buildings at Vancouver International Airport (YVR), the Uber app will need to locate your vehicle in the airport waiting lot, accessible via North Service Road. Drivers waiting elsewhere will not be eligible to receive trip requests to these buildings through the Uber driver app. South Terminal requests work the same as normal requests, and drivers are not required to be in the airport waiting lot.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into the dedicated staging area located at North Service Pl and North Service Road
- The app will record your place in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis (applies to the International Arrivals & Domestic Arrivals in the main terminal. South Terminal pickups work like normal pickup)
- Once you receive a request, you can accept it and pickup your rider at the designated pickup zone at YVR. Note that there are three pickup zones that riders may request from: International Arrivals, Domestic Arrivals, or the South Terminal
- Review the driver addendum for the airport’s rules & regulations. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations could result in potential citations or loss of airport access.
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location.
Fonctionnement des demandes de livraison
At YVR, the drop-off location for riders is anywhere on the Departures level (Level 3).
Note that YVR charges a $4 fee for all Uber trips—including drop-offs. This fee is charged directly to Uber and will be paid to YVR. You will not be charged for airport requests.
Uber staging lot at YVR
Drivers may wait for ride requests at the designated airport waiting lot only. You may be issued a citation if you wait for trip requests in non-designated areas.
You can enter the waiting lot just off of North Services Road. Keep in mind that:
- The lot is "first in, first out"; upon entering the waiting lot, the Uber app will locate and place your car in a virtual queue for the next trip request
- If you leave the waiting lot or turn off the app, you will lose your place in line and the Uber app will record you as the last car in line, should you return to the lot
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited by YVR and may result in a citation from the airport
Designated pickup area at YVR
Uber users at YVR who request rides will be guided by the app to meet you at one of three designated pickup areas. The pickup locations are located as follows:
- International Pickups: Follow “International Arrivals” to the “Ride App Pick-up” curb.
- Domestic Pickups: Follow “Canada Arrivals” to the “Ride App Pick-up” curb
- South Terminal Pickups: Head south on Russ Baker Way and follow the “South Terminal” signs
YVR requires drivers to pick up their riders in the designated “Ride App Pick-Up” zones only.
For more information, read more about Vancouver International Airport.
This airport charges a $3.15 fee for all TNC pickups and drop-offs. This fee is in addition to the $1.55 booking fee and is charged directly to the rider. Uber coordinates repayment of this fee directly to the airport.
To learn more about these fees and regulations, please reference Port Ordinance 4255 as adopted by the Board of Port Commissioners.
Commercial drivers using UberBLACK and UberSUV maintain their own airport permits. Because of this, there is no surcharge added to these premium trips.