Instructions for drivers
1. Sign up online
Tell us a little about yourself and your car by creating a driver profile.
2. Minimum vehicle requirements
Your vehicle must meet the requirements to drive or deliver with Uber in London. There are many options available, check to see which ones your vehicle qualifies for.
3. Share your documents
Take photos of the following documents and upload them to your account:
- Driver's license: 21+ years old, Ontario G Driver’s Licence or equivalent (G1 or G2 is not allowed). If you're uploading an interim licence, please include a government-issued photo ID (e.g. previous driving license, passport etc.) in the same photo to verify your identity. Make sure to avoid using flash so that your information is clear and readable.
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport, Permanent PR card, Work permit, Social Insurance Number card or letter, Study permit (if it declares the ability to work off-campus unrelated to program of study), Certificate of Indian Status, Canadian Forces Identification Card, Nexus card. Please submit a photo or the original document. Scanned copies are not accepted. Make sure to avoid using flash so that your information is clear and readable.
- If you are uploading a work permit extension letter, upload the extension letter and your work permit in the same photo
- If you are waiting for your renewed PR card, upload a photo of your current PR card and PR card extension letter
- Vehicle registration: Both sides (left and right) of the registration document are required. The car must also be in good condition with no cosmetic damage, have 4 doors, no commercial branding, and cannot be rebuilt or salvaged. You are not required to own the vehicle. When taking the picture, ensure that it is not blurry and that all four corners are visible.
- Vehicle insurance: Insurance must be in your name and must be legible. When taking the picture, ensure that it is not blurry and that all four corners are visible.
4. Background screening
After finishing your profile, take a few minutes to complete a background screening online. It will review your driving record and criminal history.
5. Vehicle inspection
Your vehicle must pass an inspection by a licensed mechanic to receive a Safety Standards Certificate (SSC) each year. The inspection date must be within 60 days of your SSC document upload date. When taking the picture, ensure that it is not blurry and that all four corners are visible.
When your vehicle inspection and background screening have been approved, we will mail two Uber stickers to your mailing address.
Display the stickers. One sticker must go on the front passenger window and the other must go on the back windshield. The stickers are removable and only need to be displayed when you're driving with Uber.
Need to replace your sticker?
Please see the following options to get your Uber sticker.
Option 1: Re-order in your app
- Go to the ‘Account’ tab
- Go to ‘Help’ and select ‘Signing Up’
- Go to ‘Requirements’ and select ‘Uber decal requirements’
- Click on ‘ORDER UBER DECAL’
Option 2: Pick it up at a Greenlight Hub
Support at every turn
We want the process to be hassle-free. That’s why there are licensing experts right here in New York to answer your questions, host information sessions, and walk you through the process.