McCarran International Airport (LAS) has special rules and regulations for TNC (Transportation Network Company) driver-partners providing trips to and from the airport. We’ve transcribed the airport’s Transportation Network Company Driver Training Manual below. You can also visit McCarran’s site to download the manual if you would like a copy.
- I. Transportation Requirements
Transportation Network Companies (“TNC”), which include Uber and Lyft, are allowed to operate at McCarran International Airport and related airport facilities (collectively, the “Airport”) through a separate operating permit (“TNC Operating Permit”) with the Clark County Department of Aviation (“CCDOA”). Therefore, when operating at the Airport, TNC drivers must strictly comply with the following transportation requirements as well as those outlined in the TNC Operating Permit and Operating Directive 01-2-R005 (see online version at www.mccarran.com/Transportation/TNCDriverManual):
- Always have TNC App open while on Airport property.
- Always properly display TNC’s Trade Dress and Nevada Transportation Authority (NTA) Vehicle Inspection Decal.
- Always use the TNC’s App in order to properly record the activities and status of the driver and passenger.
- Driver must present information upon request by Airport personnel. This includes viewing the TNC’s App ride confirmation on the driver’s cellular phone, a physical copy of the waybill or charter document, or any other method to validate the driver’s purpose for being on Airport property.
- Failure to comply with these requirements will result in a Notice of Parking Infraction issued to the operator’s/driver’s vehicle. Drivers found to repeatedly be in violation of this may receive more severe penalties up to and including termination of their activity on Airport property.
- II. Assigned Areas and Description
Drivers have the non-exclusive right of reasonable ingress to and egress from the Designated Areas, including common-use roadways. Drivers are subject to any rules or security regulations which may have been established or shall be established in the future by the CCDOA, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and/or State of Nevada.
- Dropoff Area:
- Terminal 1 and Terminal 3: Departure curb areas (Exhibit 1).
- McCarran Rental Car Center (MRACC): middle drive lane (Exhibit 6).
- Drivers must have TNC App open when entering the dropoff area, with the TNC App indicating a passenger(s) is in the vehicle, the ride is properly ended via the TNC App and the conclusion of the ride when the passenger(s) is dropped off.
- Immediate drop off only, no waiting or staging.
- Staging Area:
- The designated Staging Area is at Thomas and Mack Drive, between Swenson St. and Paradise Rd. (Exhibit 2).
- Driver will only park within the Staging Area for the sole purpose of awaiting a ride request for an Airport passenger pickup using TNC App. The Staging Area is intended for staging up to a one (1) hour period of time. Drivers staging longer than one (1) hour must immediately exit the Staging Area.
- Driver must have TNC App open at all times when in the Staging area.
- Driver must properly display the company Trade Dress and NTA’s Vehicle Inspection Decal.
- Driver must keep the area, including the portable restrooms, neat, clean, and free of debris and utilize trash receptacles in the Staging Area.
- Driver is strictly prohibited from performing any maintenance, repair, or washing of TNC Vehicle while in Staging Area, or any other Airport property.
- In the event TNC Staging Area is full, the driver must exit the Airport.
- Driver will not leave vehicle unattended.
- If Staging Area is congested, Department of Aviation (DOA) staff will instruct the driver to circle around to re-enter the lot when spaces are available. Drivers must follow any instructions and directions from all DOA staff working the Staging Area.
- Pickup Area:
- Dropoff Area:
- III. Prohibited Activities
Driver hereby accepts and agrees that conducting any of the following prohibited activities may result in the issuance of a Notice of Infraction to the driver or immediate suspension and/or termination or denial of access of the driver to the Airport, including being trespassed, at the sole discretion of the CCDOA, as well as may result in the suspension of the TNC Operating Permit. The list below is not intended to be inclusive of all prohibited activities and does not supersede any other instructions or prohibitions set forth in the TNC Operating Permit, Airport Rules and Regulations or Operating Directives. The following activities are prohibited while operating under this Permit:
- Drivers will not solicit customers in any form by vocally calling out or using any other means of attracting customers, nor solicit on behalf of any motel, hotel, day or night club, etc.
- Drivers will not utilize any other person or agent, including but not limited to Airport sky caps, baggage check persons or any other employees to solicit customers in any manner whatsoever.
- Drivers will not operate on Airport property without an activated TNC Application or approved Trade Dress and NTA Vehicle Inspection Decal.
- Drivers will not display Trade Dress when not on-duty. If Trade Dress is displayed while on Airport property, the driver is presumed to be on-duty as a TNC Driver and must follow all the Airport’s rules.
- If a TNC Driver’s Trade Dress is displayed and that driver uses either Passenger Pickup curbs or any public parking facility, including Employee parking areas, the driver will be issued a Notice of Parking Infraction.
Drivers will not pick up or drop off passengers or their luggage at any Airport location other than Designated Areas. Drivers must not load in any thru lane in Designated Areas.
- Drivers will not leave vehicle unattended while the engine is running, or with keys in the ignition. Drivers must remain with their vehicles at all times while the engine is running, even when passengers are in the vehicle.
- Drivers will not use profane, vulgar language or participate in offensive conduct directed at the public and/or any Airport personnel.
- Drivers will not feed birds or other animals on Airport property.
- Any form of littering is strictly prohibited.
- Damaging or defacing any Airport property, or failing to properly report such damage to the appropriate Airport staff, is prohibited.
- Failing to give, upon passenger’s or Airport personnel’s request, the driver’s correct name, the name of TNC, or the driver’s TNC identification number or vehicle number, if any, is prohibited.
- Failing to immediately comply with requests from Airport personnel or local law enforcement, to provide proof of insurance, license and registration, Waybill, or confirmation that the TNC App is activated while on Airport property or within the Airport Geo-Fence Tracking Areas is prohibited.
- Transporting a passenger in an unauthorized TNC Vehicle is prohibited.
- Using or possessing any alcoholic beverages, dangerous drugs or narcotic while on Airport property is prohibited.
- Any attempt to bypass TNC App and solicit cash payment from passengers is prohibited.
- Any violation of any Airport Rules and Regulations or Operating Directives is prohibited.
- Any violation of any term or obligation in the TNC Operating Permit is prohibited.
- Refusing to follow directions given by Airport personnel is prohibited.
- Umbrellas, tables, chairs, coolers, games, or other similar related items are not permitted in the Staging Area.
- TNC and/or TNC Drivers are prohibited from wrapping or using any other material on the exterior of a TNC Vehicle to advertise or promote third party goods or services for pay or other consideration.