Any lucky traveler visiting Kansas City is in for a real treat to experience one of the most influential regional food scenes in America and their masterful take on BBQ. There are plenty of popular and delicious joints you’ll want to try, and Uber in Kansas City is one of the best ways to explore the city.
Uber can also be used as a reliable and inexpensive way of getting to Kansas City International Airport (MCI). If it’s just you and a bag or two, a comfortable uberX is perfect for you. If you’re traveling with a large party or you just need some extra cargo space for your bags, you can request an UberXL.
Whether you’re coming to Kansas City for a Royals game, a much-needed family vacation, or an upcoming business trip, here are a few things you want to know about flying in and out of MCI:
Kansas City International Airport: tips and resources
- Uber Airport Page: For all the information you’ll need on requesting a ride, head over to Uber’s airport page for MCI. Once you’ve collected your bags and selected your vehicle type, simply confirm your location by letting the app know if you’re at Terminal A, B, or C.
- Terminal Map: It never hurts to get yourself acquainted with a map of the terminals. You can find out what shopping and dining options are available. If you happen to find yourself in Terminal B, grab a drink over at Boulevard Brewing, one of Kansas City’s oldest and best breweries.
- Traffic Report: Get a head start on your trip out by checking the traffic report over at KCMO’s website or by listening in at 103.7 FM. If you’re looking for alternate routes, download the Waze app on your phone.
- TSA Guidelines: Make sure you review the TSA’s latest guidelines before you pack.
- Security Wait Time: Speaking of security, you can view the wait time for each security checkpoint at MCI here.
- Airport Info: For the latest news out of MCI, you can follow their official Twitter feed. Their Instagram page shares images of the airport, and their Facebook has reviews and other helpful details. The MCI website also has a FAQ.
Where to go in Kansas City
There’s so much to explore in the Paris of the Plains. From the vibrant and exciting nightlife to the cultural heritage of the city, Kansas City boasts a variety of fun activities for you and the family. Choose Uber for a convenient ride to one of these top destinations in Kansas City:
- Negro League Museum: Many lucky baseball fans have made their pilgrimage to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. With plenty of interactive displays and priceless mementos from the game, attendees will be wowed by the Field of Legends, a makeshift field within the museum filled with bronze statues of legends like Buck Leonard and Satchel Paige.
- Oklahoma Joe’s Bar-B-Que: Recommending a BBQ joint in Kansas City is like being forced to pick your favorite child. But if you must try one, then try Oklahoma Joe’s Bar-B-Que. There are three locations, but you should go where it all started—at a gas station on 47th and Mission. To this day, you can still feast on their mouthwatering ribs, smoked chicken gumbo, and killer pulled pork sandwiches.
- American Jazz Museum: Kansas City is the birthplace of Charlie Parker, and if you’re looking to immerse yourself in that unique and wholly American art form of jazz, then take a tour of the American Jazz Museum. You’ll even find the Blue Room, the on-site jazz club that’s open four nights a week and features both local jam sessions and national touring acts.