Safety screening and driving competency
Steps to complete your profile
1. Upload your PrDP
After your PrDP has been approved, you will be able to book your driving competency test and screening session.
2. Book your appointment at the Johannesburg Greenlight Hub
You are required to make a booking in order to secure an appointment.
The appointment includes:
- Driver competency test (Costs R200)
- Screening Session (result available within 48 hours at R140)
- Entrepreneurship Session
- Uber information Session
3. Attend your appointment
Once you confirmed your booking, you can attend the session at the Uber Greenlight Hub. Upon arrival, you will be informed of the process.
What to take with:
- Your valid PrDP
- Cash that will be sufficient to cover your session ( R350 total)
Once you complete all the required steps your driver-partner profile will be activated within 72 hours.
I received a "Hit" on my screening check
- It will take approximately 6-8 weeks for the full report of the Driver’s criminal record to determine the reason for the “Hit” result.
- In the case of a criminal record, the driver will need to obtain a certificate of expungement if the driver qualifies for expungement as per the Criminal Procedure Act.
- This can be applied for at the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development.
The Address is: 329 Pretorius Street, Pretoria.
- Once the driver has the expungement certificate, he should re-initiate the screening check in order for Uber to rerun the Applicant's fingerprints and if the Applicant is now clear, the application process can continue.
- In the case of a case awaiting trial, the driver will need to obtain a police clearance certificate if the driver qualifies for this. This can be obtained from the police station at which the case is awaiting trial.
- Once the driver has the police clearance certificate, he should re-initiate the screening check so that Uber can then rerun the Applicant's fingerprints and if the Applicant is now clear, the application process can continue.
¹ Uber will not be covering the cost of the Background Checks or the Driving Evaluations.