Partner Injury Protection
Accident insurance from Chubb Insurance in South Africa
Sometimes accidents happen. So it’s good to know that from 1st August 2018 in Cape Town, Johannesburg and other cities in South Africa, you are protected against emergency medical treatment costs and lost earning opportunities.
From the launch date
Partner Injury Protection starts on 1st August 2018.
Protected while On-Trip
You are protected from the moment you accept a trip or delivery request, through to when the trip ends or the delivery is completed.
Who is protected?
All Uber driver and delivery partners are protected, subject to conditions and limits.
What this means for you
Get help with emergency medical treatment costs if you’re injured in an accident while on an Uber trip or delivery. If your injuries stop you from driving, you can also get help with lost earning opportunities.
Protection for emergency medical treatment costs and lost earning opportunities
If you’re an Uber driver or delivery partner in South Africa, Partner Injury Protection can help you with emergency medical treatment expenses and other costs.
You pay nothing
As part of our global commitment to safety we have partnered with Chubb Insurance to provide as many driver and delivery partners as possible with protection under this program. That’s why Uber is paying for this program.
Your customers are protected too
While on an Uber trip in South Africa, your passengers are also automatically protected by the injury protection insurance.
How to claim if you’re injured
If you’re injured in an accident while On-Trip and want to get help with your emergency medical treatment costs, please use the in-app claim form or contact Chubb (see below).
- What are the key features of cover?
- What are the limits of the protection?
- What are the terms & conditions?
- Why is Uber doing this?
- What does today’s announcement mean?
- Can all Uber partners get this protection?
- I don’t want access to the protection. How do I say “no”?
- Where is Injury Protection provided?
- Does Injury Protection replace my own commercial vehicle motor insurance?
- What does “On-Trip” mean? When am I protected?
- How do I activate Partner Injury protection for myself?
- What is not covered?
- How do I claim?
Get more from Uber
This insurance is provided to you subject to the following terms:
- Uber may withdraw, update or modify this insurance at any time in its sole discretion.
- This insurance is procured by Uber at its own discretion and cost.
- Drivers and Delivery Partners shall not in any way be responsible or liable for any payments or premiums relating to the insurance whatsoever.
- The Driver/Delivery Partner and Uber acknowledge and agree that the Driver/Delivery Partner can decide to opt-out from being covered by the Insurance at any time by indicating they are declining the protection of the cover upon notice or request. Declining cover will not affect your ability to use the Uber App.
- Driver and Delivery Partners are independent contractors. This Insurance does not in any way create an employment relationship or an expectation of employment (including from a labour law, tax law or social security law perspective) between Uber and the Driver or Delivery Partner.