- At least 21 years of age
- 15-year-old vehicle or newer
- Valid U.S. drivers license
- Proof of personal Michigan No-Fault Auto Insurance
- Proof of vehicle registration
- Pass a vehicle inspection if your vehicle is 5 model years or older
Uber accepts both official and temporary registration documents. The vehicle does not need to be registered in your name to qualify.
Uber Trade Dress
All drivers must display an Uber decal on their vehicle while online. Order your Uber decal. We will mail you a decal, and you should receive it within 5-7 days. Once you receive it, place it on your passenger-side windshield facing outward.
While you wait for your Uber decal to arrive, you can print and use this temporary decal.
All drivers must have proof of valid personal Michigan No-Fault Auto Insurance. This must list the vehicle and the driver's name on the policy.
In addition, Uber maintains automobile liability insurance on behalf of all U.S. drivers. Learn about vehicle insurance
Most newer cars qualify to drive with UberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders.
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening passenger doors
- Have 5 factory-installed seats and seat belts
- Working windows and air conditioning
- No vans, box trucks, or similar vehicles
- No taxi cabs, government cars, or other marked vehicles
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- No aftermarket seating modifications, such as installed seats, seat belts, or BedRyder systems
Uber vehicle decals
Under local regulations for Tri-Cities, Michigan, all drivers must display an Uber decal on their vehicle while online. Place it on your front passenger windshield facing outward. You can remove it when you decide to go offline and save it for the next time. Pro Tip: keep the paper it comes with to place your sticker on when not in use.
Once you become an Uber driver, we will mail you a decal. You should receive it within 7 business days. If you ever need a new decal after you become a driver, you can request a new one be mailed to you. You can also pick one up at your local Greenlight Hub.
Need a temporary decal? Print one at home here.