As of March 19, you can now pick up riders from PSP on UberX, UberXL, and Assist.
Information for drivers
For driving at PSP, learn how to receive airport trip requests and get in on the action.
Airport regulations for drivers
Per airport regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that drivers may incur.
- All UberX, UberXL, and Assist dropoffs must occur on the Departures level.
- To receive a pickup request on any Uber ride option, drivers must wait at the Staging Lot on the southeast corner of Kirk Douglas Way and E. Baristo Road.
- Meet riders requesting UberX, UberXL, or Assist 500 feet south of baggage claim, at the middle exit door. Riders requesting Uber Black and Uber Black SUV can be picked up at Zone 4 or 5.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield and rear passenger windshield facing outward. Drivers can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub.
- For Uber Black and Uber Black SUV, the airport placard must also be displayed and a TCP license is required.
- When a driver is on airport property, the Driver app must be open at all times (please do not sign out until you exit the airport).
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap Waybill in your app.
- It is illegal under state and federal law for anyone, including rideshare drivers, to engage in price fixing. This includes agreeing or coordinating with other drivers (in airport staging lots or elsewhere) on pricing and surge pricing. The law requires that drivers must make decisions about pricing and surge pricing on their own.
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at the airport, the airport requires you to enter the dedicated Staging Lot, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
How it works
- Drive into the dedicated Staging Lot located near the southeast corner of Kirk Douglas Way and E. Baristo Road.
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis.
- Once you accept a request, proceed on the main roadway toward the terminal.
- Pull up to the gate arm outside the area labeled "TNC." Enter the code 2580.
- Continue through the gate and to TNC parking spaces on the right side of the roadway.
- Pull all the way forward into an open stall.
- The TNC area (UberX, UberXL, and Assist) is about 500 feet south of baggage claim, at the middle exit door. Riders requesting Uber Black and Uber Black SUV can continue to be picked up at Zone 4 or 5.
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At the airport, simply drop off riders at their requested terminal on the Departures level. It's important to keep the Driver app on until you exit airport property.
Uber Staging Lot at PSP
Uber drivers may wait for ride requests at the designated Staging Lot only. You will not receive an airport request outside of this area (and you may be issued a citation).
Enter the Staging Lot near the southeast corner of Kirk Douglas Way and E. Baristo Road. Here are a few rules to keep in mind:
- The lot is first-in, first-out; upon entering the staging line, you will be placed in line for the next trip request
- The Staging Lot has a 30-minute time limit
- If you do not receive a trip request in 30 minutes, you will need to exit the lot and re-enter
- If you leave the Staging Lot or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a citation