Vehicle requirements in Uganda
Which car is right for you? Make sure it meets the vehicle requirements in Uganda, and remember that you’ll make more money if you keep your costs low.
Your vehicle must-haves
- Model year 1998 or newer
- 4-door car or minivan
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- Car insurance with Third party Coverage
Eligible vehicles list
Find the vehicle makes and models that are eligible to drive with Uber in your city.
Vehicle options in Uganda
Most newer cars qualify to drive with uberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders.
- 4-door sedan in good condition
- Seat at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
- Working windows and air conditioning
- No full-sized vans or trucks
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
Cars model year 1998 or newer qualify to drive with uberX. View our list of popular models, but others may qualify.
- Accepted vehicles
Make Models Chevrolet Cruze, Malibu Ford Fusion, Escape Honda Accord, Civic Hyundai Elantra, Sonata, Tucson Kia Optima Mazda Mazda3 Nissan Altima, Sentra Toyota Corolla, Camry, Prius Volkswagen Jetta Volvo S40
All Motorbikes with less than 130 ccs ( live Bajaj Boxer ,TVS and Mate) are accepted on uberBODA.
- There is no model year restriction on motorbikes accepted
- The motorbike must be in good mechanical condition
- The Motorbike must have a cushion for 1 passenger and addition to the driver
- The Motorbike must have working headlights, Indicator lights, a horn and side mirrors.
- uberBODA drivers will only be activated upon showing that they have 1 reflective vest and 2 helmets
- No motorbikes registered with government number plates e.g Series starting UG XX, UP XX , CD XX , DF XX) number plates
- No salvaged or rebuilt motorbikes
No matter how you plan to drive, we can help you find a car that’s right for you. Discover the range of options available to you.
Get more from Uber
Let’s make every Uber trip hassle-free. Our support pages can help you set up your account, get started with the app, adjust fares, and much more.
Got questions? Get answers. Enjoy personal support at an Uber Greenlight Hub in Kampala.
Partner Protection helps protect you from the cost of accidents or life events, and is provided at no cost to all eligible independent driver partners.
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.