Partner Injury Protection
Sometimes accidents happen. So it’s good to know that starting 1st August 2018, you’re protected against medical costs and lost earning opportunities.
Read in Arabic.
Starting from the launch date
Partner Injury Protection starts on 1st August 2018.
Coverage while On-Trip
You are covered from the moment you accept a trip or delivery request, through to when the trip ends or the delivery is completed.
Who is covered
All Uber driver and delivery partners are insured. Coverage is subject to conditions and limits.
What this means for you
Get help with medical costs if you’re injured in an accident while on an Uber trip. If your injuries stop you from driving, you can also get help with lost earning opportunities.
Insured for medical costs and lost earning opportunities
If you’re an Uber driver or delivery partner in Saudi Arabia, Partner Injury Protection can help you with medical expenses and other costs.
You pay nothing
As part of our global commitment to safety we have partnered with AXA to provide as many driver and delivery partners as possible with this protection. That’s why this insurance is free to you.
Your customers are insured too
While on an Uber trip in Saudi Arabia, your passengers are also automatically covered by injury protection insurance at no cost to them.
How to use the insurance if you’re injured
If you’re injured in an accident while On-Trip and want to get help with your medical costs, please use the in-app claim form or contact AXA (see below).
- What are the key features of cover?
- What are the limits of coverage?
- What are the terms & conditions?
- Why is Uber doing this?
- What does today’s announcement mean?
- Can all Uber partners get this insurance?
- I don’t want this insurance. How do I say “no”?
- Where is Injury Protection provided?
- Does Injury Protection replace my own commercial vehicle motor insurance?
- Does Injury Protection replace my own Medical Insurance Policy?
- What does “On-Trip” mean? When am I covered?
- How do I activate my coverage?
- What is not covered?
- How do I claim?
Get more from Uber
This insurance is provided to you subject to the following terms:
- Uber may withdraw, update or modify this insurance at any time in its sole discretion.
- This insurance is procured by Uber at its own discretion and cost.
- Drivers and Delivery Partners shall not in any way be responsible or liable for any payments or premiums relating to the insurance whatsoever.
- The Driver/Delivery Partner and Uber acknowledge and agree that the Driver/Delivery Partner can decide to opt-out from being covered by the Insurance at any time by indicating they are declining the protection of the cover upon notice or request. Declining cover will not affect your ability to use the Uber App.
- Driver and Delivery Partners are independent contractors. This Insurance does not in any way create an employment relationship or an expectation of employment (including from a labour law, tax law or social security law perspective) between Uber and the Driver or Delivery Partner.