Uber is a great way to be your own boss and make money. Here’s what you need to know if you’re driving in Lisbon, Porto, Faro and other cities in Portugal.
1. Sign up online
Got an email address and a smartphone? Great, now tell us a bit more about yourself and we’ll get you started.
2. Upload your documents
Time for some paperwork. There are a documents we need to see:
- Citizen card
- Driver License
- Criminal record
- Private hire driver's license (TVDE)
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
For fleet partners:
- Bank statement
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Operating License (TVDE)
- Policy of Liability Insurance and Professional
- Policy Personal Accident Insurance
3. Add vehicle
If you have a vehicle that meets the requirements in Portugal, you will need to fill out the vehicle details and upload the following documents:
- Single Vehicle Document
- Vehicle Inspection
- Car Insurance Policy (Green Card)
- Car Insurance Policy (Special Conditions)
NOTE: Only electric vehicles are accepted in the UberX and Comfort products. This requirement is applicable in the metropolitan area of Lisbon, metropolitan area of Porto, as well as in the Braga and Faro districts.
4. Activate your account
If you’ve completed all the above steps, congratulations! You’re ready to activate your account and start making money.
Get more from Uber
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.