Information about taking trips
Once you’re ready to drive, we can show you at a glance how to accept and navigate your first trip.
How to start receiving ride requests
1. When you’re ready to drive, just tap GO. The app will start looking for requests from riders near you.
2. You’ll see the destination and fare upfront, so you’ll know where a trip will take you and what you can expect to earn. If the details look good, tap to accept the trip.
3. You can navigate to your rider any way you choose. The Driver app offers navigation as an option.
4. Once you’ve picked up a rider, slide the start trip button. You can navigate to their destination any way you or your rider want.
5. When you reach the destination, slide the complete trip button.
Here are a few other tips offered by Uber driver-partners and riders that you might find helpful.
Use the app to contact a rider
Accepted a trip but can’t find your rider? The app lets you call or send a text to them.
Do a quick name check
When your rider gets in the car, ask their name to make sure you’ve got the right person.
Tap the map
Anytime you want to see an overview of the whole route, you can tap the map to zoom out.
Navigate with your favorite app
Your Driver app has a built-in map and directions, but you can also navigate with other apps while driving with Uber.
To set your preferred navigation app, tap your profile picture in the upper right corner. Then tap Account, App Settings, and Navigation.
Frequently asked questions
- What if my rider is acting unsafe or rude?
- How do cancellations work?
- How do I stop getting ride requests when I’m done driving?
- What if I get a request that’s too far for me to drive?
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.